Worried about Possible Leukemia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 21 year old female who is going through a living nightmare.  A little over a year ago, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I was having a heart attack. My heart began to race and it felt like I stopped breathing. Immediately after, I was dizzy and nauseated and was vomiting for a couple of hours. I then went to the ER and they said that it was probably anxiety. Since then, I have been to the ER 7 times as well as seen a neurologist, cardiologist, and my primary care doctor. I have done a countless number of blood tests, I've had a spinal tap, I've had an echo of my heart, I've had a chest X-ray, I've had an MRI, MRA, and a CT of my head, I've had the 30 day monitor, and the tilt table test. Everything came back normal. For the longest time, I've been thinking that maybe my heart is the problem, but more recently I've been thinking it could be leukemia. Here are all of my symptoms:

1. Heart palpitations

2. Dizziness 

3. Abdominal pain (also burning)

4. Sharp chest pain

5. Forgetfulness 

6. Soreness in body (by elbows and legs)

7. Nausea and vomiting 

8. Brusing 

9. Sudden pin in left side of neck (just started maybe an hour ago)

10. Weakness and fatigue 

11. Shortness of breath 

12.  Diarrhea

13. Abdominal fullness (mostly by sternum ) 

I have not mentioned the possibility of leukemia to my doctors yet as this is something I am starting to consider it might be. I know with all of the blood tests and the spinal tap maybe it would have shown up, but I know it doesn't always. 

I just can't get a diagnosis anywhere and I am more worried than I have ever been. I've been living this nightmare and have been planning details of my funeral because that's how bad it is, and I'm only 21. I don't know what to do and what to think anymore. All of my symptoms match that of leukemia and I'm worried that's what it is, so I was hoping to get some insight here. I've been told by a lot of people that this is anxiety, however I know my body and I honestly believe that this is not anxiety. I need help. I need advice. I need answers.

My latest blood work on October 26th, 2017 showed that my blood count was normal (didn't give me a specific number) and that my blood iron was in normal range (at 132). The only thing that was kind of low is my ferritin which is my iron storage, which is at 26. It actually has gone up this past year from 12 to 26. 

I have never been so scared before in my life. I would think by now something like leukemia would have been found, however I have read that it isn't easy to figure out. Someone please help me. Please....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You've had blood tests leukaemia does show in your blood via your white cell count, you've had many tests and what you discribe does sound like anxiety, when you panic it does bring on symptoms sadly, are you on medication for this? If you aren't I'd seek help for this 

• Posted

I've tried it and I've had zero luck...

• Posted

Ki Alex. Your symptoms sound like food poisoning. I am allergic to soy products, especially soy milk. If your symptoms come on after eating or drinking certain things, write it down and see if it could be a food allergy. Hope my digestion helps.  Best of luck in being properly diagnosed.. harrishill 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.