Worried about potentially having lichen sclerosus - advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Any advice would be great.

I am 24

I have been to doctor 3 times regarding concerns about my vulva.

I went the first time because I was unbelievably itchy (but only on the left side). It was waking me up at night and I was itchy 24 hours a day. The skin was swollen and red and looked more textured than the right. I got a steroid cream (Eumovate) and zerobase moisturiser which kind of helped but then the itch came back so I went to doctor again, she prescribed a stronger steroid cream which is Betnovate and everything looks perfectly normal now.

I only ever feel a slight itch now and again which is right at the opening of my V like the top of the perineum skin. My worry now is that I feel like my skin is looking lighter on the perineum skin which would steer towards Lichen Sclerosus but I went back to my doctor about it and she reassured me that everything is healthy and perfectly normal, and that it is just my skin tone because I am very naturally pale.

Why does part of me still want to go private & see a gynaecologist? I feel so paranoid and feel it’s taking over. I suffer from health anxiety so I know I look into things too much. Any advice would be fab.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

your best bet is visiting a dermatologist. A lot of gynocolgist know nothing about lichen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.