worried about receiving personal independent payment. (pip)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am currently receiving disability living allowence and employment support alowence due to having mild learning disabilities and mental health problems. I can do most things for my self. But I'm worried about nor being able to receive pip. Although I'm currently in supported living cared for bby a care company I have 4 hrs of support a day plus a staff member who sleeps in. Staff are on shift 24 hrs a day although they only support me for 4 hrs. Ladt year I gave gone from 24 hrs to only 4 hrs. So a big achievement. I was also on court of protection due to self harm and not being able to make decisions for my self because of self harm. I guess what I'm worried if they refuse pip would I be entitled to my support from support workers? Would I have to leave my home? This makes my Highly anxious. Can I have some advice?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi, no need to stress now, but don't tell them that you are doing well otherwise they will see you as fit for work , always stay in a negative side that you can't Cook or do things for yourself because you are under the mental health,and you have mild learning disabilities, so don't go and tell them you are doing much better , my only opinion ,take care and good night ..
    • Posted

Isn't that bordering on incitement to commit benefit fraud?

You should be telling the Assessor/DWP all about your good days/average days and bad days.

You should not just concentrate on the worst days - it would leave the opinion that ALL of the days are bad. 

• Posted

Not at all she's disabled and if she tell them that she's feeling well you know she will lose her dla and slim chance of having her pip and it's not benefit fraud les , benefits fraud is when you are healthy and not disabled and you lie about your condition this is fraud in her case its survival with the sharks who are killing ppl with the mental health and learning disabilities, and yes I will advice her not to mention anything about her feeling much better , she may not feel better when she is under a lot of stress while waiting for a decision. You know that ,don't you you know the feeling .you have a wife ,this lady leaves alone no one will give a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to , 
    • Posted

I'm sorry but to post that advice is wrong.

"she's disabled and if she tell them that she's feeling well you know she will lose her dla and slim chance of having her pip and it's not benefit fraud "

You are suggesting that in order for her to continue to receive her DLA and not qualify for PIP, she should not tell the truth??

If she has variable, good or average days in addition to those days that are bad, she is required to tell the DWP of the full and true position, Whether she loses her benefit is up to the DWP. As for it not being benefit fraud - what then is it, deception?

If the DWP ever became aware that what you are suggesting she tells them is exaggerated, She will face court! No doubt about it.

Having a wife or not has nothing to do with it. Telling the truth and the whole truth is what matters.At least that way she would have a clear conscience and not be worried that someone somewhere might decide to inform on her to the DWP.

• Posted

Are you in a real world. Atos are killing disabled people and you care about them ,do you work with atos ? Fraud ,deception call it whatever you want ,she's disabled she's not faking it , just read her question . And please don't reply as I start getting irritated with you , ,for your support information mr les if you tell them you have one good day in a week you are fit for work , go the epilepsy forum and arthritis and diabetic forum you will see that ppl are killing themselves because of ONE good day so have a nice life and don't reply .take care and keep your comments to yourself because you think you know everything, you didn't write the book so calm down . 
    • Posted

Yes I actually do live in the real world. And no I don't work for ATOS. I am a retired civil servant and officer of the High Court. In addition to that I am also a town councillor and retired JP.

I care about the truth being said at all times.

I currently receive DLA (High Mobility/Middle Care). I have been selected to apply for PIP which I have refused as I could not cope with the future constant re-assessment every few years until the day I die.

I am only taking issue with your clear attempt to convince a claimant to tell lies and deceive the DWP in order to continue to receive a benefit.

Thankfully I will not be hearing your friend's case in my court.. 

• Posted

You know what you make me laugh, if you are retired civil servant and officer of the high court AND in addition to all that you also a town councillor and retired jp and plus dla and you have been invited to apply for pip wow , never knew that dwp send invitations , it must be for VIP only mr les , wake up and smell the coffee, you don't need to re apply as you are loaded let the proper disabled get on with their lives without you putting your nasty comment,and every time you tell us your story enough ,and you don't intimidate me . By saying ( thankfully I will not be hearing your friends case in my court) why are you dla then question ????? And will say the same thing to the person who asked the question yes lie because les is taking our benefit he's working and retired from 3 jobs les very popular. Take care man and stop putting ppl down . I will be in your court next year , if you are working you are the fraud not the lady ......hopefully I will be selected to apply for pip .its like having dinner with the queen,what do you think les . 
  • Posted

You have to assess yourself at your worst. That is not benefit fraud, it is just being realistic. Don't see this as a benefit but as an acknowledgment that it does cost more to live as a disabled person.

Sarah

• Posted

Sorry but I cannot agree with you. There have been many benefit fraud cases hit the courts in the recent past where the claimant has exaggerated their difficulties leading the DWP to believe that they do not have any variable days, good days or just average ones. They have portrayed through their claim form and at the assessment that they only have the worst days - every day, which obviously is not true.

Based on your perception, I should be telling the Assessor/DWP that I am in constant pain every day to the extent that it cannot get any worse, despite the fact that I actually have good/average/bad days?

Even with pain medication, you should not describe how bad the pain could be without the medication. You should be describing how you feel whilst taking the medication. If you are able to function better because of taking the medication, you should report it.

• Posted

And to take issue with your statement that benefit is an acknowledgment that it does cost more to live as a disabled person. My wife and I have recently had this conversation. She receives the high rate of Attendance Allowance in the main for the many difficulties that she has due to Arthritis.

Yet she could not actually give me one example where her £80 odd a week payment is spent as a result of the 'extra costs' her disabilities bring to the table.

She had to admit that she doesn't have any extra costs. She could have if she had to employ someone to do what I do for her, but that is what a husband does - they help each other.

And to say that there is no limit on what the money can be used for is in my opinion wrong. It was awarded for those difficulties that she claimed for only.

Hence why I feel that Attendance Allowance at least should be scrapped and all of the money handed to the Social Services up and down the country. They are best set to decide what if any help is needed.

• Posted

Hi

SORRY EVERYONE, BUT IS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT HEIDI AND GIVING SOME SOUND AND GOOD ADVICE RATHER THAN ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER.

kEV

• Posted

You are absolutely right. I take full responsibility for side tracking the original post. I was only posting some good advice for nadnad who seems to have the notion that deceiving the DWP is an OK thing.

Sorry once again - I'll back out of this conversation now - I get annoyed when I see or hear of an attempted case of benefit fraud.

• Posted

Hi Heidi

The best advice I can give you is to speak to your support workers and ask them to go with you with any interview's with the benefit department and to help you with any forms that you have to fill in, whether on paper or on line.

With the problems you have your support workers will help you, after all, that's what they are there for.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

All the best

Kev  (UK).  lol

• Posted

Hi all thanks for all your advice and sorry to cause any disputes. I've spoken to my support woke about thia . And they are going with me when I have the pip assessment. So I'm not anxious or anything.
    • Posted

Great. You have not caused disputes at all. It's just how things asre sometimes.

Very best of luck

Sarah xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.