Worried about renal function after blood test.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Had blood and urine test on 1/19 because I noticed my urine was bubbly. Egfr came back 63, bun 21, creatinine 1.42. No protein in urine analysis and a/g ratio 1.1. I have more bloods if im missing numbers. Age 29 male. Workout a ton and was supplementing protein and creatine. Protein was between 175g and 200g a day. Doc said my levela were a little low and my ceatinine was high so drink lots of water and cut protein. I have dropped my protein and drank more water. Still seeing some buubles in urine and started to get faint white lines on my nails. Does dehydration affect these tests? I know i had 3 cups of coffee and barely any water on the day of. Also would cutting my protein from where i was at cause the white lines on my nails or should i be more concerned? I dont know, just freaked out because I have always felt healthy and dont want this to progress or because I wasnt drinking enough water and worked out heavily the 3 days prior of this would sku the results. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Eat a healthy diet with lots of veg and fruit. Keep totally hydrated, (make sure your pee is clear coloured)  Do not overdo the workouts, then get tested again in 2-3 weeks.  You can injure yourself by not treating your body sensibly, but I doubt you have gone so far.

KenR

• Posted

So shoukd I not be worries about the changes in colors of my nails?
  • Posted

Hi,

It is true that white lines across the fingernail can be a sign of kidney damage.  Overdoing the workouts and underhydrating might be a cause.  So, sorting out diet, hydration, less workout stress, and then have a retest and see if function moves back towards normal. 

If you still show signs after doing the above then it would be time to take things further with a urologist/nephrologist.

KenR

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.