Worried about scabies reinfestation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to the Dr about 2-3 weeks ago and was told i had scabies after getting really itchy bumps on my inner thighs and stomach.  My little brother had it a few months ago then spread it to my parents so im assuming thats where i got it from.  i know it takes about a month for symptoms to show and im worried that i might have given it to my friend.  I dont think she's shown any symptoms yet but i go to her house at least once a week and sit or lay on her bed for hours at a time.  mine have pretty much cleared up but i feel like every time after i leave her house the next day or two i get really itchy in new spots like my ankles and arms and i'm worried that every time i go there i'm reinfesting myself but i don't know if im just being paranoid because she doesn't have any signs that i know about.  i'm scared to tell my friend because its embarrassing and she might think its gross or not want to be friends anymore i don't know what to do.

My friends dog also has mites so im not sure if that has to do with anything.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

They cant carry the same human mite that would be on our body but my concern with my dogs was could they transfer them? And i assume yes but have no proof. I would assume your friend has this since you go there so much and have not told her. You might want to if you are good friends they should understand and not only that thankful because you helped them. Just tell them you found out you had this and you are concerned for them..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.