Worried about some of my symptoms? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year so it is all quite new to me. Dr gave me amitriptyline and I was taking that and had a huge improvement in my symptoms. I then fell pregnant and have not long had my baby boy (7 weeks ago)

I started taking my meds again a couple of weeks after having him because I have had a flare up but have had to stop because the tablets were knocking me for six and I wasn't able to look after my little boy properly.

I am not currently taking anything and for the last two to three weeks I keep having-

*Pains in my head on and off in all different places.

*Tingling and numbness in all different parts of my body from my face to my legs

*occassional nausea

*i am very forgetful at the moment and get my words muddled at times or can't think of simple words

*sometimes having blurred vision and eye floaters

*dizziness and sometimes lose my balance

I am concerned because I wasn't getting all of these symptoms when originally diagnosed and when I google it a lot of mine suggest something awful like a brain tumour.

I am booked to see my dr again next week about my fibro but in the mean time I'm driving myself mad with worry!!

Does anyone else get some or all

Of these symptoms?

Tia

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tia

I too get most of these symptoms. I get all over pain but some is due to other problems. I get the nausea, blurred eyes, dizziness extreme tiredness and the confusion forgetting words etc.  I don't get tingling in legs but do get aches and a weakness in my knees and sometimes they lock it's horrible.  I personally didn't like the side effects of amytriptalin. 

Kathleen 

• Posted

Hiya Kelly, welcome to us, I would try not to stress too much, I had and do get very similar symptoms, so stop worrying, I too thought I had a brain tumour once, had an MRI, it was yet agin a fibro symtom, but at this time I was very worried and stressed out, which ended up bringing out many other symptoms of the Fibro, gr.you see we al get varied symptomsthee must be hundreds if them and we all don't get the same ones, we are all unique, fibro loves STRESS is a favourite, ends up making us really hurt and unwell, I too am on Amytriotaline gave been fir 30 years..and it hasn't been increased either..yes I still get a bit groggy when I wake up, but once I'm up I'm absolutely fine,it gives me a great sleep, which makes any flare up manageable...it's the only medication I take, so maybe if you lowered your dose or perhaps having been off it for a while it's making you very groggy, persistence may be the clue..who knows, that's only my experience and that's all we can really share, I'm really feeling for you Kelly, you are so young and a new baby in the mix you are amazing, must be very hard for you. Keep on this site, you'll get plenty of help, we all care for each other and can empathise with you, be blessed Kelly and try and have a lovely day, gentle hugs from over the seas..😘😘💐

• Posted

PS..the forgetfulness is called Brain Fog, it's quite normal for most of us, people with Fibro usually have other autoimune condition too, I have chronic fatigue and others also...there's the tiredness..🙏💐😍

• Posted

Hi kelly,

I have all the symptoms you describe and even more for over a year... an unpleasant experience. I know exactly what you are going through ... The doctor told me with certainty that this is not a fibro ...

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply.

If the doctor said it isn't fibro what do they think it is?

Have they sent you for tests and investigations?

• Posted

Hi,

You welcome...

I was diagnosed with SFN (Small Fiber Neuropathy) but the reason for that has not yet been found, SFN can cause a widespread sense of tingling, sensitivity to clothing, burning in the feet ... but I have other symptoms that Probably not related according to what I understand ... These include headache, occasional ears ringing, eyes floaters, muscle spasms, occasional Instability, hands that fall asleep at night - the two small fingers (Ulnar nerve) and i need to shake them to get feeling back. My tests only show the SFN part (by skin biopsi) ... Other test that i do - Berra, SEP, EMG, NCV, rheumatic blood tests, standard blood tests (sugar, b12, b1 b6 e a k and etc), simulations such as MRI and CT head and neck, MRI back, X-ray of the spine , Lung x-ray, colonoscopy and segmoscopy to detect inflammatory bowel disease such crohen and colitis ... all the tests take a lot of mental energy from me, I try to live the day and not think about what it could be and what could happen because it can get a person crazy....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.