Worried about stomach or esophageal cancer and GI doesn't seem to take me seriously

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 45 yr old mom of 2 who has had stomach issues for years. I have a hiatal hernia and was prescribed pantroprazole for heartburn(40 mg) been on it for two years and started off on lower dose. I'm used to having diarrhea a lot but last September I started to have constant diarrhea and started to lose weight. as weeks went on the diarrhea became constant and i also started feeling nauseous and sometimes vomiting. I called my GI in October but he couldn't see me until january 2020. By January I have lost 37 lbs and have little appetite and when i do eat I fill up quickly. I've always been anemic but I'm extremely fatigued and have a low grade fever. went off pantroprazole for pylori test and started having worst heartburn and belching episodes. I tested negative for pylori and had an abdominal CT scan which didn't show anything but fatty liver. had endo and colonoscopy over a year ago (2018) which showed inflammation in colon but no cancer. switched to new GI because old one saw me in January and couldn't see me again until MAY. I cant keep losing weight like this and not know what's wrong. and seems like no one has a.clue and they dismissed my cancer worries since I had tests in 2018 that didn't show anything. but cant cancer grow in over a year? I'm really worried and dont know what to do. has anyone had these symptoms before and if so what was it? am I overreacting?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are over worrying. What has your doctor suggested regarding the inflammation in your colon? Go back to your doctor. Have you any abdominal pain? Has IBS/gastritis been mentioned?

• Posted

Everything is ibs. How can you tell people that everything they have could be ibs. Stop putting this in people's heads. I know you pippa. I 've read a lot you have posted. I'm not a bad person. I just think everyone here doesn't have ibs. Just like you pound my comments about Gallbladder problems. Just saying. I know you have a bad Ibs and you can't take benzos and can't be put under. We are all different here all don't have ibs. I truly love you smart and direct comments. No pun intended. Have a nice day Pippa.

• Posted

i totally agree with you fernando,i have ibs but,the docs dont keep telling me thats what is causing other abdo probs...that is a dangerous thing to keep saying its your ibs.x

• Posted

have they investigated further on your fatty liver?? i have had much the same probs as you and i am now having liver biopsy to see what is going on...please research abour fatty liver,please try not to worry,you cud be lising weight because your worrying too much....dont let yoyr mind go to cancer,there are a lot of reasins for losing weight..dont give up..let me know how you get on friend.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.