Worried about Stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I've been getting bad anxiety from the color of my stools.

Essentially, they can be a light brown, and sometimes have darker brown within it.

Occasionally it can almost look like "veins" due to the dark brown and light brown contrast.

Should I be worried or visit a doctor?

I can't put into words how grateful I would be for any guidance.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

go to the doctor

• Posted

Hello Clarissa, thank you for your reply.

Was there anything from my above symptoms that stood out to you as serious? This would allow me to give my doctor a concise discription

• Posted

Don't panic, it is usually black tarry stools doctors are really concerned about. Dark brown can be from iron or food you may be eating. My poop has been black down to iron and dark red down to beetroot! If your stools are getting darker each time and if they have a foul odour (much worse than normal) then take a photo for your doctor to see. If your stools go back to normal and the change of colour doesn't last, don't worry. Keep a note of what you eat and medication you take as well, that can alter the colour of your stools. If it causing you anxiety though, speak to your doctor. Are you having any other symptoms with this?

• Posted

Thank you so much for this reply, these were really my only symptoms.

I'll be sure to take note of anything unusual in future and visit my doctor if this happens.

It really means a lot for you taking the time to give such a detailed reply. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.