Worried about tumor

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all started about 4 weeks ago with a stiff neck. Hurt to move to the left and right. Eventually the stiffness went away only to be replace with a constant pressure headache about 3 weeks ago. Every once in awhile I'll get a stabbing pain behind my left eye with localized pain on top and on the back of my head. Went to see my GP and he ordered a CT Scan without contrast. That was 2 days ago. Just got the results back and they said they see an abnormality from the images but it's probably nothing. However they are scheduling me for an MRI. So, needless to say I'm pretty worried. Is it common to find abnormalities on CT scans but it's really nothing? Or are my health care providers telling me that it's probably nothing as to not cause me any more anxiety?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're going through a stressful time. Did they elaborate anymore than just saying it was abnormal? Did he give any suggestions or theories as to what they believed it was? If he truly did not seem that concerned, then I would relax until you get the MRI. When are you scheduled for that? Also, bare in mind that most brain tumors are benign if in fact that's what it is

• Posted

They didn't elaborate anymore than that. I didn't physically see my GP but called to get my results. My MRI is for next week.

• Posted

Well please keep us posted to your results. I have an MRI in two for the exact issues. Unilateral hearing loss ear fullness ear ringing etc.
  • Posted

Hi

What other symptoms did you have because I've had similar pains to you and you've now got me worried too x

• Posted

Really just the headaches. The pressure is mainly in the front around my temples, nose, eyes region. Then localized pain every once in awhile in the back and top.
    • Posted

Same as me.

When I've been to my GP in the past they've said to me that they are not concerned that it's cancer and for me not to worry about it, but I have the same feeling as you so I am going to go back to GP

• Posted

Thought I would give an update. I have my MRI scheduled for this Friday. The headache(s) intensity have lessened considerably and are no longer persistent all day long. I still get some head pains but it feels much better. I'm hopeful that my MRI will show all clear so we can proceed to figuring out why I'm getting headaches. However, if the MRI does show something, then I just need to take care of it. I'll post the results when I hear word.

• Posted

Glad the headache has lessened. I too get my MRI on Friday 😁 Friday must be the day for MRIs LOL Keep us posted!

• Posted

Got my MRI results back today. Came back normal! Didn't find anything. I admit I was having my doubts as I am still experiencing headaches. Now, it's onto the next steps in figuring why I am having headaches. Hopefully my scenario can help anyone out there alleviate your anxieties about their headaches and not to panic until you get tested.

• Posted

That's great news! My results were negative as well. I believe my issue is stemming from severe bruxism or jaw clinching in my sleep. I'm going to meet with the plastic surgeon to do the Botox injections into my jaw muscles to see if that helps. Best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.