Worried About Varicocele Embolization Complications

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I underwent Embolization surgery for my Varicocele which was giving me moderate pain. I may add that I am a long time sufferer of health anxiety and OCD so was already worried about the Operation. While the doctor emphasised the safety of the procedure, he did mention that there is a minute chance of the Coil Migrating somewhere else in the body although he'd never persoanlly witnessed this.

I was told that I'd be able resume my normal routine in terms of work etc the following day depending on how I felt. After feeling a little bit sore yesterday I woke up this morning and felt fine, and so instinctivley started doing push up's as I normally would in the morning (around 200). This didn't cause any pain but I immediately realised it was a stupid decision exerting myself one day after the procedure. After looking up online, I've read that your supposed to do no heavy lifting for 48 hours and have now gone down the root of googling my way to high level anxiety. Worrying that I may have moved the coils before they have had a chance to set and am now evaluating the worst case scenarios in my head, which have been duly provided by google!

Hoping for some reassurance or advice on what to do next. Sorry for rambling and I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi James, How are you feeling now, are you coping ok?

• Posted

I'm sure you are probably completely fine but I just thought I'd reassure you and say coil migration is incredibly and if it does happen its usually very early on. after 48 to a week the vein has clotted and scarred so it becomes impossible for the coil to migrate. You can always get the radiologist to xray to check.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.