worried about weak flo

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys I had turp 2weks ago and still have very week flo I must add I was retaining 3000mls of urine ,so I'm wondering if anyone had same ,, and did bladder come back to normal size I wee 25 to50 mls and 450 to 550 from catheter in via spc

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure it's 3000ml ? It's 3 liters. You must have felt very bad carrying so much urine around. Depending on how long have you been retaining that much, it may or may not come back to normal size.

Hank

• Posted

3000 is a very large amount.  Once I had 1800 ml but after emptying with the help of a catheter there was no major issue.  Hopefully, it will become normal with time.  Tests will reveal any residual damage.
    • Posted

Just curious. How long were you carrying that 1800ml with you ? Did you think that you were getting fat too ? ☺
    • Posted

I was travelling away from home,  I believe retention started around 10 a.m and I could reach the emergency room around 7 p.m.  So, about 9 hours. I felt very bad.. always wanted to empty but couldn't  pee a drop.  I was restless  and feeling fullness in abdomen area.   I had BPH for many years.  My prostate was 80 cc.  I had to undergo TURP in late May.  Now the flow is good..no retention..

• Posted

1800ml is a lot but you only carried it for a short while so no wonder you recovered. Congrats on the successful TURP. Hank
  • Posted

was 3000mls I thought I was getting fat lol my psa was only 0.5 and liver and kidneys were perfect so prostate was the last thing on my mind .

• Posted

May not come back. Bladder sounds stretched out. The surgery makes a few things mad. ( Bladder muscles, stretching from the instruments, swelling, scar tissue strictures, clots and material in the way.) But I never heard of a bladder being that big.
  • Posted

2 weeks is still early to judge. Some people take up to 6 weeks to recover. Are you still leaking blood, blood clots and dead tissues during peeing ? Hank
  • Posted

yep 3000mls hospital has recorder it on my file ...and this morning a couple of either scabs or small clots followed bye a little blood went 50 ==750 this morning
  • Posted

its the catheter inserted through the belly into the bladder

• Posted

It's what I thought, for suprapubic catheter. Do you have SPC now ? Hank

• Posted

yes stillin ..had a couple of smallclots or scabs plus alittle blood once all clear apart from that pressure is not consistent had a strong flow once yesterday but very little since then but get the felling there is clots and maybe scabes hanging around

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.