Worried about what I should do..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was hospitalized in March of last year because my heart rate and blood pressure was really high, but after a heart catheter was released. In October it happened again, this time I was told that I had bilateral pulmonary embolisms and a huge embolism in my upper abdomen. I was put on heparin thinner for two days, but my blood wouldn't thin. They did several ct scans, ultrasounds of my arteries, electrocardiograms and sending blood samples out to labs..I was told that I was in dire straights because there wasn't anything that they could send me home with that would think my blood and a piece of the embolism in my abdomen could go to my heart or brain and kill me... all the Drs walked out..about 2 minutes later one of them came back in and said they were mistaken..after the radiologist looked at my ct scans from that morning..he said I didn't have any embolisms..while she was telling me this, the nurse was taking the iv of heparin out of my arm and a lady walked in with a paper for me to sign from Medicare saying that I could appeal the Dr's decision.. My son called a Dr back in and he said there is nothing wrong with your cardio pulmonary system..tell you PvP to refer you to a neurologist... I did, but they never would(VA).. now I am having trouble with my stomach..swelling, pain, constipation and feeling full..sometimes have trouble trying to swallow..VA drs took blood and said my cholesterol was good.... this has been going on for a couple months now.. don't know what I should do because I have no other insurance.. I mean..they wouldn't tell me what they mistook for a huge embolism in my abdomen..what could it be, or have been.. Help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Go to a reputable er and tell them your sysstoms and see if they will to a ct scan. I look at it this way. I habe 2 insurances but i would rather be i. Debt the rest.of my life then die an early age.
  • Posted

Hi,

If you are still experiencing this and are in pain I would be going straight to another emergency department even if it means going by an ambulance, something is a miss there somewhere. Explain all your symptoms to the ER attending doctor in great detail and also lrt him/her know that you was in another emergency department however long ago it was and that they have all your tests and results, he can request that they fax or email them over immedietely . or on the other hand he/she will run their own tests again, maybe different ones than previously, but the latest test results would be extremely valuable to the attending ER doctor. Also let them know you was pretty well booted out as well, out of hospital.

As you know pulmonary embolisms are deadly and if not diagnosed in time death it is, If I am understanding your comments correctly, I would be highly suspicious that it in fact did not turn put to be a pulmonary embolism as I'm assuming by your post you are not on treatment and if it was a PE you would of died by now, but stranger things have happened. There's definately something a miss and does sound serious and needs immediate attention.

The option of surgery would of been the next step to remove the embolism if blood thinners weren't working while you was in hospital.

The only thing(s) I can think of abdomenwise is irritable bowel syndrome, celiac , or some kind of intolerence to something in your diet, it could be a number of other things, If in pain, especially chest pain, get to an ER pronto.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.