Worried again

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm laid in bed just woke up my heart was slow then out of nowhere my heart was going faster the slightest movement n my heart will speed up I take propranaol every day its goid but its first thing in a morning I have pulse oxymeter I put that on my finger saud hr was 79 but that's high its normally 65 I've had ecg was normal just fast and heart listened to again normal but fast it's just scary when it speeds up when relaxed

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Veronica, small variations like that are perfectly normal, really, and even if they weren't perfectly normal they are perfectly harmless.  Keep an eye on it, but it has to get somewhere before it matters.

• Posted

I agree with js41870, I had my ablation, a few months ago, and I feel much better than before, I do not regret having palpitations is not scary. . What if I have noticed is when i have nightmares at night or I am distressed by something, is when my heart reacts faster. I have decided not to worry about these events anymore and live my life happy. Practically the palpitations control your life, and you feel like you are dependent, and you never feel happy. The doctor told me palpitations will not kill you.  I have sometimes extra beeps but I am not worry about them anymore.  And now I decided to enjoyed my life and no make more attention about it. . Another important thing anxiety does not help, if that is the case do not worry,  everything has a solution, and the  best YOU ARE NOT ALONE, we are in the same boat, try to enjoy your life with family and friends, go outside there is a lot to do,  and live happy,  hopefully my words help you, I wish the best for you smileVeronica.
  • Posted

I get extra beats all the time and occasionally my HR jumps 20bpm out of the blue.

My Doc said not to worry and it has now been going on for several yeas.

It it is really bothering you and persists, you could ask your doc if you could go above your maintenance dose propranaol and or you could also buy a Kardia home ECG unit which works with your smart phone.  You could capture your activity and e-mail it to your Doc. It is not too expensive $100us on Amazon.

• Posted

Sorry I should have said go above your propranolol with a pill in the pocket 1 time dose.

Cheers

• Posted

79 is absolutely within normal limits, may be higher for you but perfectly normal and safe 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.