Worried again

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys i recently posted here about having a cervical smear that came back as hpv positive and moderate abnormal cells. im having a colposcopy on the 26th of october. The thing is im pregnant and il be about 14 weeks that week. im so scared that it will hurt my baby and cause a miscarriage. and also thoughts are racing again about Cancer and having children and dying. sorry guys. need someone to talk to again to ease my mind on this xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

colposcopy is a very common procedure. I also had moderate abnormal cells. Everything was OK. And that was about 15 years ago. If you are concerned about the baby, you can always ask the doctor if there’s any risk. as I have said before, cervical cancer is highly curable. But chances are you don’t have it. you’re not going to die. You’re going to be OK. Once all this is over with you can relax. Just take one day at a time. Don’t let your anxious mind lead you into negativity. Those negative thoughts are based on emotion and not on reality or fact. Keep reminding yourself of that. Fear can make you believe things that are not true. Keep yourself busy and stay positive. Everything will work out.

• Posted

thank u so much jan. Ur a star. i love ur advice and u always put my mind ease ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.