Worried and Self-Diagnosing

Posted , 1 user is following.

Lately I have been suffering with a few things that I think I go hand in hand and I am self-diagnosing myself with  MS.

First, I have what my doctor thinks is a UTI. I was given medicine but still no relief. It does not burn like a UTI would. But I am urinating frequently and everytime I do, I feel I still have to. I have a second dose of antibiotics and made an appointment with an urologist, as per the request of my doctor.

Second, I have been experiencing what I can recall as "growing pains." I am 23, turning 24 in a month, clearly I am not growing. My legs ache at night and makes it almost impossible to sleep.

Third, I have ZERO heat tolerance. I feel like I am literally melting and feel I will colapse at any given moment. I was in the pool the other day which was quite cool but the heat was getting to me I felt sick to my stomach and very light headed. I was well hydrated and I ate as well.

I swear I have MS and I am freaking myself out.

I went to the doctor yesterday and he said wait for the urology results so we can do any ruling out. But that apointment isnt for another week and I'm afraid I could get worse while waiting.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has any doctor noted MS? I have no clue but do what the doctor says and ask to see a nuerologist to rule out any nuero issues. Did they do full bloodwork and sugar levels? A nuero would know within ten minutes if you were a candidate for a brain scan after their initial exam.
    • Posted

I have not brought it up to my doctor yet. I will be going this afternoon. I did a full blood test, they found traces of lyme disease then they did a western blot and there were no traces. I read sometimes MS can show signes of lyme disease in blood.
    • Posted

Keep us updated and i hope everything turns out well. I have actually the read the opposite of what you wrote but that makes no difference anyway. We arent doctors. Lets the doctor know whats on your mind and see his thoughts.
    • Posted

Just goes to show you shouldn't Google symptoms lol. Google isn't always correct. I went to the doctor and he laughed a bit and said I need to stop reading things online. He told me unless it runs in the family there is a very slim to none chance of me having MS (even though I read it is not hereditary). He said the aches in my legs can be from the heat it has been in the 90s the last few days. He told me to elevate them at night. And he told me to exercise the aches may be from me sitting at a desk all day. Once I go to the urologist we will take the next step.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.