Worried, extreme pain, don't know what to do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey, I just wanted to write down what I've been going through the past 3 years in hope that someone could give me some answers, hopefully, seemings the doctors have no idea what's wrong.

Randomly 3 years ago I started getting abdominal pains plus feeling nauseas, it got that bad that a few minutes after I ate my food would come straight back up, it would happen with drinks too, I also started bleeding when going to the toilet, so the doctors booked me in for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy, both came back with the all clear, (bleeding was from a fissure) well after awhile of hardly eating from dreading the acidly vomit, it stopped, but the abdominal pain continued, It's always different, there's a dull cramp like pain, then there's a sharp pain like someone's twisting a knife around, then there's like I'm getting shocked, it's that bad that I can hardly move, well after awhile of dealing with the pain I kept asking the dr what I could do to stop it, they then made me get ultrasounds an blood and stool/pee test, all came back clear, so they told me I must be imagining it.. I didn't like that answer as I'm in tears half of the day so I knew it couldn't be nothing, so I changed drs. I told my new doctor all that I was going through and she sent me to have another colonoscopy and ultra sound done, again both clear so she did blood test, all clear, so I've been back and forth telling the same story every time I go back stating how much pain I'm in yet still know answers, the abdominal pains now decided it wants to add to my pain by causing chronic diarrhea/constipation, this has been going on for nearly 2 years now which led to fissure after fissure, and even an extremely painful hemmroid, I'm still dealing with the pain from them including my abdominal pain today, I'm really lost on what to do, it just seems like I'm getting worse but getting nowhere with answers, I just want to be pain free and healthy sad I'd appreciate anyones feedback, wether you have dealt with something similar or wether you know someone who has, and what it was and how they relieved there pain?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi kayts

It souns as if you have IBS irritanle bowel syndrome going by the change in bowel movement....there is medication your doc can prescribe for ibs pain.....why not go back to yr doc and ask for the ibs medication and give it to try....best wishes..

• Posted

Thank you for replying.

I always thought maybe it could be ibs as I bloat serverly after eating, but after having 3 colonoscopys and a endoscopy, they still havnt mentioned it to be that, I've mentioned it but they seem to shrug it off.

Do you ever seem to suffer with chronic constipation/ dierrhea?

The pain I get seems to move, it's either around my lower adominal, both right and left side or the middle of my stomach, it's changes from dull to extreme, I also get pains in my lower back and lower rib cage. I'm concerned with the bleeding though, bowel cancer runs in my family, but after 3 colonoscopys I'd assume if they were doing there job proply they would have found it.

• Posted

i suffer from ibs and this causes me alot of pain sometimes maybe your suffer from this but if you say its worse after eating and you thew it back up and it was all acidy theres a possabilty you may be suffering from acid reflux which is where the acid leaks up in to the esophagus and up into your thoat which is very unpleasent maybe trying some acid relflux over the counter meds will help you can get them from your local pharmacy
    • Posted

Thank you for replying.

Thankfully the acidly vomit stopped after a year, but the pain is still there, it's usually servere but can be dull, I bloat a lot to, to the point where you'd think I was pregnant, I've lost a lot of weight over the past 3 years without trying as well, I have an appointment with my doctor for Tuesday so I'll mention ibs. I'm just hoping it's nothing serious and they've missed something.

• Posted

I'm sure they haven't missed anything these are all the symptoms of ibs

Constipation

Diarrhea

Painful knoting

Spasms

Bloating

Pain in upper tummy (intergestion)

• Posted

when you say you have bleeding is this in your stools?? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.