Worried! Having one sided body pain and many other issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm currently dealing with many issues on the left side of my body. I've actually had them for years and due to no health insurance haven't seen a doctor. I've been to the e.r. once or twice for them to tell me to see a neurologist. When I was younger I had many falls to the head (hard falls) due to being young and drunk and stupid. I'd wake in extreme pain to my neck and head never went to a doctor. I also took a fall jumping off bleachers and broke my left toe which swelled up horribly due to me being stupid and not staying off of it ECT. So not long after these injuries I noticed my neck never felt right and my leg started to have constant pain. Throughout the years it's became worse, bad headaches, neck pain,jaw and teeth pain, shoulder pain,back, leg pain, ankle pain, literally the pain will be on my entire left side. I've noticed the vein along my temple is sensitive and swells if I have a headache or cry. I have floaters in my left eye. My left leg falls asleep when sitting on toilet too long. My ankles swell at times and the tips of my toes turn red( both feet). I have muscle spasms in random spots, tingling.(like a light bubbling feeling) in left leg and recently my hand.. I also get tingling in the tips of my toes..sometimes my hand.. ive also been getting these charlie horse like cramps that stop me in my tracks...i can be moving to turn or stand and boom I get hit with a crazy cramp that has me wanting to just stay still. Sometimes even during sex I will get a cramp and the next day I'm in pain or with a bad migraine or just the position will cause it..i can't exercise or use my left arm for like raking ECT. Or ill have bad pain in it the next day sometimes a migraine... Ive taken a lot bc powders throughout the years to help with the pain. But Recently my heart has been racey out of the blue or ill feel like I can't breathe correctly. Like picking up my front yard gets my heart beating faster than normally ... I'm not over weight so it has nothing to do with being unfit .I have anxiety at times so I blame it on that alot. And of course I worry for my health and it makes my anxietyworse. But recently I feel like it may be serious...lately my words aren't coming out correctly they sound jumbled like... Ive had one episode years ago were my left leg swelled up like crazy from being on my feet for along time..ive read a lot different things on the internet..and alotmof them are scary.. Sorry if I sound crazy I'm just sick of hurting and curious if anyone else may have these issues or any idea what I'm dealing with. I plan to make a appt. Soon... I can't take it anymore its taking over my life...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica, you have been letting your body down for quite a long time. Your body has been trying to let you know it is in trouble! Soooooo, now it is time for you to find your adult self and get busy trying to get healthy again. A neurologist would be my choice as many symptoms you have sound like nerve issues and the longer you let your nerves get damaged the more pain and disabilities you will have. Come on girl, you can do this, take the first step and fight like the dickens to get healthy again!! I am sending a big hug and hope you will get going on the road to recovery. My best wishes are with you.
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, I agree with Peonygirl1. You need to see a Neurologist asap. You let these problems go on for way too long. I sure hope you have health Ins. Swelling,  muscle cramping,  pins, and needles, numbness, redness, and heat, burning are all symptoms of Neuropathies. I am not a Doctor, but I suffer from small fiber neuropathy, so I know what its like to live with chronic pain. I take Lyrica for my painful symptoms but it doesn't help. The fact that you had many falls and broken bones could be indicative of a disorder called CRPS. "It is the consequence of an injury, a metabolic disorder, or other damage to the peripheral or central nervous system. Familiar examples of neuropathic pain are: ... Post-stroke pain. Complex regional pain syndrome (reflex sympathetic dystrophy)". Please see a doctor, so you can begin to get some kind of handle on your pain. It sounds like your anxiety is getting out of control also. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.