Worried I have brain tumour. 20/y old female

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, it started a month ago with a throbbing and hard pulse in my head, then ever since a dull throbbing and ache in my head, mainly on the right side, sometimes, rarely, on the left. Its sometimes there in the morning. At worst, I cry with it. It just feels like an insane pressure and that something is literally inside my head. I had a normal MRI 6 months ago but these symptoms have only occured in the past month.

Other symptoms include:

Numb tingling right hand in morning

White spots in right eye vision

Line in right eye that goes further down my eye each time I blink

Shooting pains in head - sometimes when I bend down.

Nausea 

I have had a full eye test three weeks ago - everything is fine with my eyes. I have had the doctor shine a light in my eyes and he checked my reflexes - all said to be fine.

Could this be a tumour? I have been reading about them and am generally worried that it could be a gioblastoma as they are a tumour that grows fast - I am worried it could have appeared since MRI.

Please if anybody has any advice please let me know.

Thanks. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

if your that worried you need to go to a doctor you can't get a diagnosis from a bunch of ppl that arn't qualified to say one way or the other the chances of it being cancer are slim there are a hundred other things it could be but even if it is cancer and your that worried your wasting valuable time trying to get a diagnosis over the internet
    • Posted

Hi, I have been to a doctor and they maybe think migraine but the migraine tablets arent working and I'm worried it's a tumour. I had an MRI 6 months ago which was clean but these symptoms are new.
  • Posted

I've had migraines for years and most meds don't work for them but the only way your going to know is to see a doc no one can diagnose you without seeing you and you'd be surprised how many different side effects come from migraines

• Posted

i had a clean MRI 6 months ago. I'm worried about GBM tumour though as I've heard it can grow very fast and within weeks.
  • Posted

then go to your doctor the worst thing you can do is try to diagnose yourself from the internet
  • Posted

This is probably a late reply, but if you've had an eye test and everything was fine then more than likely you do not have a brain tumour as they would see the increase in pressure against your nerves!

I learnt this the hard way as I made my dad pay for another eye test just for reassurance. Then I had an mri and no brain tumour. Just like you I was fully convinced. If I were you I would stop looking on the Internet for things as you will soon get yourself into a vicious cycle and think you have alsorts of other diseases when really it could just be anxiety!

• Posted

Hi Amie! I can't believe I found your discussion! It sounds a lot like what I hasve been going through since October. I have the same fears and I am going to have an MRI on Saturday and I am terrified of what they will find. I have had the same fear of a glioblastoma as well. But I know deep down, that the chance of us having that are so slim! My pressure/fullness is on the left side of my head. It feels almost clogged/full. sometimes I feel it over my eyes, around and behind my ears and on the back side of my head as well. It doesn't really hurt as much as it is dull and ANNOYING! It drives me insane and I feel like it will just never go away! I talked to my one of my girllfriends back in the states the other day who said she had the same thing and it lasted about a year and all of her scans were normal. She has had 4 MRIs in the last 4 years and they have all come back fine. She makes me feel better about it for a time, and saying it is most likely due to stress and anxiety that I don't even realize I have. Other than the fact that I worry about this thing I have had constantly since October, I don't really feel that stressed out, but I guess it can affect you subconciously as well. Do you ever feel it in your temple, or feel like their is an annoying pinch inside your head too? Also, it's like no matter what yoiu take i.e; painkillers, nothing works for it! It is the most annoying thing ever. If you look in my recent discussions I describe everything in more detail, if you can believe it haha. However, I am sure that you're fine and I believe the other symptoms you're having are coming out because yoou're worrying about it constantly, like me. Do you find that you have some good days where it isn't as bad, or when you're out with family or friends you don't always notice it as much? If you're that concerned, go back to your doctor for reassurance and maybe they will give you another scan just for piece of mind. If you were throwing up constantly and were having seizures and sever weakness on one side, than they might be more concerned to give you a scan right away-but even then, those symptoms can too, be psycho-somatic. Hope you're feeling better soon!!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.