Worried I have cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

I lost nearly 7 kg weight 8 months ago. After that I have been eating so much to gain weight but nothing is happening .. I eat 6 times a day now . But not gaining any weight . I only have 48 kg , height of 5'6" . I m really worried I have some cancer.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

While it is unlikely you have cancer you should make an early appointment with your GP/family practitioner. I hope you are well soon.

Best wishes

Brian

• Posted

I saw a doctor and he did some blood works. Everything came back fine. But I m always worried. Also I m always too tired and always feel sleepy
    • Posted

A blood test will not diagnose everything and it depends which tests were conducted. Your symptoms do need further investigation so back to your doctor and explain your tiredness in addition to weight loss

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi sree12945, you mentioned that your blood test came back normal.  Did your GP include a thyroid function test? I had hyperthyroidism and weight loss is one of the symptoms as is tiredness and extreme hunger (among others). 
    • Posted

No I didn't have a thyroid test . Will be doing it soon.. but I m really worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.