worried i have cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all i'm a 53yr old lady for the past 2 weeks i have had like rabbit pellets hard and firm with every bowel movement sometimes they can be clumped together, earlier this yr in jan the doc sent a sample off which came back clear but as i said for 2 weeks i've been constipated this morning when i went there was bright red blood in with the stool in a few of the pellets so now i'm worried its something major i have no other symptoms just the odd occasion i have like a mild tummy pain i'm eating ok just dont eat the right stuff has anyone had this problem i went again a few hrs later and the stool was a bit softer but no blood any idea can it be cancer

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Wendy, sounds like you are constipated, therefore straining when you go, which can cause damage to the anus and bleed. the blood being bright red also makes me think this. typically, if you had polyps, is further up in your colon or sigmoid. the blood would be darker. have you been eating anything new in the last 2 weeks? drinking enough water?

• Posted

hi ty for replying i have not eaten anything different what i can think of but i do suffer anxiety and i worry a lot so since this episode i'm worrying more the doc checked my stomach last week also listened to my stomach with a stethascope she said it was fine but this blood today and slight stomach ache has made it worse i keep thinking its a cancer of some sort

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry you are so worried and anxiety typically makes digestive problems worse. I too think it sounds like constipation but my saying this probably won't settle your mind. At least you went to see the doctor and if it helps, go back and tell him /her your further concerns. I have been through this myself with various bowel concerns, driven myself totally mad with worry and 'in the end' , (pardon the pun) .... as with most people ... all was well.

Vwerin says drink more water ... a very good idea.

• Posted

Hi,

If the blood was on the surface of the stool, then most likely it is caused from the constipation. Cancer blood comes totally mixed with the stool and as a result the whole thing looks reddish.

Now, my advice is to try to solve the constipation, as in my case I ignored it, and unfortunately I ended up suffering from painful hemorrhoids.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.