Worried I have Colon Cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm a 28 year old female and I noticed I got sick with something about 2 years ago. I had reflux, vision changes, and breathing problems. Would notice a little bit of mucus in my stool but wasn't worried. I got pregnant a bit later and didn't have any bowel changes until I gave birth. I noticed constipation one week and diarrhea another week. Was starting to notice a lot of yellow mucus in my stool and one day I strained hard and saw a lot of blood in the toilet. After that been having rectal pain when passing hard stool and having blood on toilet paper and on stool. Also was having abdominal pain with both hard stool and diarrhea but now it's just with diarrhea and I noticed the mucus is gone but was noticing flat stools, blood, abdominal pain, and back pain. I got curious and stuck a finger up ik there and felt a lump inside my rectum that has my rectum closed up. I'm so worried it's colon cancer because never in a million years I would think I would get cancer especially now that I just had my baby. I'm hoping it's some thing else.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Christine peace of mind is everything and I'm not a doctor but probably something minor like hemmroids especially since you just gave birth recently but definitely get to the doctor and get it checked out cancer of the gastro is rare for young people if it's a hemmroids that's an easy fix I wish you luck please keep us posted

• Posted

I agree with Tonie, the right approach is to see a doctor for a proper examination.  There are many things that could be causing your symptoms and cancer is probably the least likely of them given your age.  Telling people not to worry is usually rather futile since worrying is normal in these circumstances, the best way to deal with the situation is to get a proper diagnosis to ease your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.