Worried I have diabetes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys. So a brief about me, i have some mental health and neurological conditions. im awaiting diagnosis for my urinary issues and i have acid reflux and lactose intolerent. Last year I got tested for diabetes and it came back clear however things have changed. Due to my mental health i've binge eaten alot and i'm very overweight. Although in myself I'm still physically fit (i walked 10 miles the other day).When I was in hospital my blood sugars were in the 6s when i didnt eat a thing all day. Then once they were in the 4s. Also, I've got black knuckles and I know that can be a sign of diabetes. I've had black knuckles for a while and people keep asking if i've punched a wall (i'm fair skinned). Due to my urinary issues I dont always need a toilet but it feels i'm almost always hungry (i'm having stomach troubles atm too so i'm not always eating). Is there a possibility I'm diabetic? I spoke to my doctor who ordered bloods but i'm still worried. There is a family history too.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Acid reflux, food sensitivities, prediabetes? Look into chronic pancreatitis

Do you have an exceptionally high pain tolerance? Any other gut issues? They could be further indicators of pancreatitis.

It used to be  believed that pancreatits is only caused by drug and alcohol abuse, but there are a whole lot of cases in healthy people. Could be caused by medications or environmental toxicities.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.