Worried I may have MS..please help!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have suffered with headaches and a numbness/tingling feeling in my right side of my face, arm and sometimes leg for well over 18 months. My GP has been treating me for migraines with beta blockers. I have now stopped taking them and the numb feeling is coming back and getting worse.

I'm also in the process of coming off citalopram which isn't easy.

I visited my GP today for about the 20th time regarding this issue and she has decided to refer me to s neurologist. When I asked about possible MS said that is the only thing she would like to rule out.

I don't have any other symptoms just the numbness, but I'm worrying like mad that it could be the early signs of MS.

I've been wanting a scan for months to help my health anxiety but now I might actually get one I feel like I've already been diagnosed with something terrible.

I'm not sure how long I'm going to have to wait but it's going to be awful, I couldn't cope if it is MS I'm 25 years old with a 3 year old.

Any comments would be much appreciated x

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your numbness andheadache are 2 symptoms of MS but MS has multiple symptoms you read about MS symptoms and see how many do u have. I have MS from 24 yrs.Did your Doctor check your reflexes is it Hyper reflexia?
    • Posted

Hi, all my reflexes in the upper body are fine. I'm 25, the GP thinks I've got health anxiety and that's what is causing all my symptoms. Seeing neurology at the end of June.
  • Posted

What was the outcome of your situation???? Please update us!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.