Worried if this means anything?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys.. first I would like to say that I am a teenager, female. I am off for winter break so I have been staying up and sleeping in. My parents and family have never said I sleep walk, or show any signs of sleep problems. What happened right now is making me a little worried though. This afternoon I woke up with my sweats and t-shirt on. Usually I sleep with a blanket over me with light stuff on. I can't recall when I woke up to put these clothes on. Nor do I remember if I fell asleep after doing so. I am a little worried if anything is happening with my memory or if my brain is just having a weird fart right now. (like when someone says something and they had no idea what they said, and their brain could never recall the words the spoke.) My brain has a pretty good memory. I recall what happened yesterday and what I was doing, what I ate and drank and all of that stuff. I have been known to recall things that have never happened though, yet it would feel real to me (recalling fake events is very very rare. I recalled something that I believed happened years ago and no one believed what I thought happened)

Is this normal? Has this happened to you? Thanks for any help. God bless you. ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I do over analyze things. Whenever something happens or I made a mistake or do something weird (like what happened just now) my brain won't really let go of my mistake, and it will worry all day of what will happen.

• Posted

I do things occasionally and wonder how it happened because I can't remember doing it. Especially when I am anxious as I spend a lot of time indulging in my anxious thoughts, it is almost like being locked within my own mind. I then do things and I can't always remember doing them.

I have been told that this is classic of anxiety and why we become 'forgetful' during times of stress so I wouldn't worry about not remembering doing something unless is persists and, if it does, you are not anxious or so not have pressing things on your mind.

When you say you recall events that do not happen - I am afraid I did not quite understand this. Do you remember situations that you are positive took place but these situations did not happen? If so, how often does this happen?

This may seem strange but: are you quite creative??? Do you daydream a lot?

Sometimes our imagination can blur with reality. Especially those with vivid imaginations.

• Posted

Yes, I don't recall things that never happened frequently. But I did go through a period where I felt I had actually done or had been a part of things that didn't really happen that way.

• Posted

Hey there.

I wouldn't take it too seriously if it was a one time deal, maybe if it continues to happen. I've dealt with brain fog for the last month or two and it is so frustrating because I have a great memory. Not saying that's what's happening just saying that's my experience with it. Do you know where you are? Who you are? What year it is? Any major lapse in days, weeks, months of time? Or just a one time event? Wouldn't think too much of it and I've found that the harder you try to recall something or remember something the worse it makes it all. Try not to think and just enjoy break.

Take care,

AKM

• Posted

Thanks for the help. Yes I know my location and my name, and the year. Maybe I just got up a few seconds ago and put it on, and because I was sleepy my brain just somehow wiped it out and so when I layed back down my brain probably turned upside down and couldn't wrap up every action just took (I am kind of laughing at myself right now)

• Posted

Yea don't worry about it. Unless you're legitimately confused or have actual amnesia when your up and about then it's probably just all sleep related as far as just not remembering. Sometimes I have no clue how I got into my bed after falling asleep on he couch or getting up and getting something to eat and finding the wrapper in the morning. Not to say that it's sleep walking just so unbelievably tired that you don't remember because you're still half asleep when you do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.