Worried is this Gerd?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last night i ate some spicy chilli peanuts and woke up this morning with a sore throat on one side and my chest was hurting whenever i ate something hard such as toast. I have been burping a lot and it sort of feels like a dull ache in my chest and upper back, i hardly ever get heartburn but had a little bit yesterday. I dont know what i have done? Its fine when im drinking and eating soft foods but other stuff like toast/bread/crisps it hurts a little bit and i can feel it travelling down my chest. Is this serious? Iv recently started a new antidepressant venlafaxine 13 days ago not sure if it's related or anything but i have terrible anxiety thinking its something like cancer as iv never had it before!

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The clue is in the spicy chilli..... sounds like the chilli, especially if you went to bed soon after. An acid reflux attack can mimic many of the symptoms of a heart attack, it's not pleasant. The acid probably came back up the throats and may have irritated it. It should go off after a while. Stay away from spicy foods😉

• Posted

Spicy foods will give you symptoms like you could have a enflamed gullit although some antidepressants can give you problems as well try taking some gaviscon after meals and stick to soft foods that aren't spices for a few days more

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.