worried not sure if its blockage or ibs attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had IBS-d for around 4 years now. when my IBS-d first started and had the almost same symptoms as I have now, but what I have now is much worse, it felt like there was something blocking my stools and only small flat stools would come out.

Now it feels the pretty much same but much worse I always feel the need to go but either nothing comes out or if it does its just a small amount. I have no pain at all just the urge to go which stops for 30 minutes or so after I have managed if that makes sense

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm actually dealing with the same thing been having ibs for almost 5 years now an it seems to only get worse smh. Only difference is I have small pain in my stomach. I drank prune juice yesterday to help I felt so bloated an it worked but today I can barley go , drink plenty of water an eat alot of fiber foods , pears , apples , prunes , whole wheat breads , something simple to ease your blockage it will give in a flush threw ! Best of luck

• Posted

i also struggle to break wind and my appetite as gone, i have had only a 2x banana & a oranage in 3 days

• Posted

Try lots of fruit such as prune juice or oranges. It worked for my IBS.
  • Posted

Its now been 5 days in which time it cleared up a bit ,no longer had the urge to go all the time

until Monday when i decided to eat out with my wife and had a burger & chips(frys) big mistake

i started to get bad again the same feeling of being blocked up and was awake all night worring

then on tuesday i was going to the toilet every 3 hours or so (5 in total) but with large solid stools not the soft stools i usally have been getting and awake most of that night with the same blocked feeling i am really not sure whats happing

i have gone back to just eating small peices of friut today

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.