worried over biopsy of stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Posted the other day over my husband he as heartburn burping constantly feeling full bloating swollen bottom right of adomen gained a stone just on his stomach even tho hes not eating wel extreme fatuge bad cough he had n endoscopy 6days ago got told he had gastritis n tested negative for helicobacter pylori they did a biopsy which is worrying but today he recieved a letter saying after he had left the surgery the h.pylori test turned positive now he is worried something seriouus is rong any advice ecy will be greatful thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hizasperella

Hpylori is a very common stomach bacteria that lives in the gut lining and duodenum. It causes many stomach problems heartburn acid reflux diahorrea painful stomach sickness. It is good that HP has been detected because this has saved your hubby getting stomach ulcers because over a long period of time hpylori can cause gastric ulcers.

HP is treated with antibiotics. The antibiotics do not always eradicate all of the HP so he will have to have regular checks after the course of antibiotics. HP is a tiny bacteria that has a spiral tail (flagella) and burrows into the stomach lining and can evade the antibiotics.

There is a holistic natural treatment called Mastic which people have found to destroy HP. If the antibiotics do not work to eradicate the the HP then perhaps your hubby might like to try the mastic under his doctors guidance. You can google Mastic on the net......hope all goes well...best wishes....

• Posted

Hiya thank you for your reply its very helpful i think it was just more worrying because he was kind of relived when the test came back negative and just showed gastritis but then the letter came today to say it was actually positive hes started to worry again once again thank you for replying
    • Posted

Hizasperella

No probs happy help!...tell your hubby to stop stressing as he will make his symptoms worse.....he will be fine because his doc will start his treatment now.....your hubby has at least got a positive diagnosis so he is halfway to recovery. HP is not life threatening but it can make life very very miserable if it goes undected.....best wishes....

• Posted

Sorry!! 'Undetected' (spell check)
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice, i have natural mastic which i use in making some arabic sweets and never knew about its benefits for digestive system which i have problem with.

• Posted

Hi tasneem00771

I would advise that you talk to your doctor before taking the mastic. You can get it in tablet form. Do you have Hpylori? and have you been treated for it with antibiotics?...

• Posted

Mastic gum is used by Arab since hundreds of years ago. They use it as a gum for a nice smell. My mum use it instead of the sugary chewing gum in the shops but i never knew about its benefits for stomach and colon untill i read about it now.

I dont know it needs a gp guidance as its a safe natural thing but i will ask the gp.

And i do not know if i have hpylori but sometimes i get stomach pain which i think its indigestion and gp was not concered about it.

• Posted

Hitasneem00771

I think it is a good idea to speak to your doctor about the mastic even though it is a traditional Arab sweet...just to be cautious.. and i would ask your doctor for a HPylori test it can be done by stool test or breath test...a blood test doesn't always show HPylori..best wishes.....

• Posted

I'm sure the biopsy was done to test for h.pylori. I had an endoscopy at the beginning of January when they diagnosed ulcers although the test for HP was negative, However I've since discovered from people on this forum that you need to be off your meds for at least a week before the test otherwise you can get a false negative. I'm waiting to hear from my consultant as I was still taking omeprazole at the time of the endoscopy. Lilian's advice is good, at least they've found the culprit for your husband's symptoms and with the right treatment the problem should be sorted. I'm still struggling with my ulcers and although I'm no worse than I was I'm no better either. Just want them to go away so I can get on with my life. Wish your husband well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.