Worried, serious weight loss!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, I'm new to this!

In the last 10 months I've noticed a serious change in my weight I've gone from a size 10-12 to a size 6. I'm eating the same as I always have, my lifestyle hasn't changed at all yet my weight is just

Dropping off. It's making me feel really Unconfident and changing me as a person. I have an appointment booked in next week with my GP. I'm just wandering as anyone else experienced this and what was the cause?

Thanks.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Weight loss can be caused by multiple things. It could be a virus. It could be a hormonal imbalance. It could be a problem with digestion. It is really hard to say. Have you noticed any other symptoms other than weight loss, such as fever, body aches or stomach pains? That would be important information to provide a doctor.
  • Posted

could be thyroid related.  but see what your doctor says
  • Posted

Dear DLS141620,

This really a good time to speak to your GP as you cannot guess the answer to this type of problem. If you are eating the same, are you doing a lot more exercise like walking a lot more. I lost 2 stone by walking to town instead of being driven this year.

If this is not correct then I would suggest that cycletourleader could be correct when she suggested diabetes.

Rather than guess it would be better to speak to your GP.

Please let us know what his diagnosis is.

Don't worry and good luck.

Best regards

Robert

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.