Worried she'll just misunderstand me again

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies, I'm back.  I need to know what I say to my doctor on Wednesday since she's calling again, I know I have an appointment booked with a new counsellor on the 4th July but that's just for an assessment.  Do I start with that and see what she thinks.  I am worried she'll insist I take antidepressants like she did before.  Does any one know of a good herbal subsitute I can take for this and can I get it in the health food shops like Holland and Barrett.  I need this counselling but don't need to be out of it at every session.  I am concerned as I've just heard news about my sister that can affect me too, do you think I should tell my doctor that too?  Also does any one know a good way to stop Flashbacks?  Just feel stuck please help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First thing, no medical professionals should insist on anything, if they do then make a complaint. There are no herbal remedies for anxiety or depression, there simply aren't. A better alternative is to ask for psychotherapy, it's a much better alternative and works well. There is no way anyone can tell you about stoping flashbacks, a psychotherapist can help

• Posted

No one has a right to insist you take anything you don't feel works for you. The problem with pharma meds for PTSD is they wear off over itme. Klonipin wears off over time, never ever stop cold turkey, etc and zoloft gives restless leg syndrome plus terrible w/d effects even titrating slowly.

I hope you can have a good relationship with your medical team; remember you are never alone. 

Have you considered Neurofeedback, with the mindmapping?  I think this is  new emerging management when medicines do not work.  Also meditation can be used with the news apps and the MUSE system. IF you disicplined and want to help yourself bad enough.

I speak as if I have never had the gut wrenching puking nightmarish shivering shaking hiding running avoiding freezing pain of ptsd.  My pollyanish personality overshadows sometimes; keep the faith. Remeber, you're never alone. biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.