Worried sick!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone help?

Had a change of bowel movements in the last few weeks so went to doctor and blood test show slightly elevated inflammation of the blood and stool sample came back as inflammation of the bowel.

I have to go to hospital for a sigmascope.

My question is this a big sign that I may have bowel/colon cancer?

I am worried sick and to be quite honest petrified.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

heather29740

It doesn't necessarily mean cancer -could be inflammatory bowel disease/colitis-(they may be one in the same thing-but I'm not an expert)

It's good that you are seeing a doctor -and  will be having a sigmascope-which will tell you exactly what is wrong-

Don't be afraid - it's best that you will be told what it is(avoid Google)it'llmake things worse!

Let us know what happens

Good Luck

Susan

• Posted

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

My doctor said that my inflammation in the blood was slightly above the norm she said normal is 5 and mine is 14, but because I've had shingles the past four weeks as well that could elevate that because my body is in pain.

Still will worry cause I'm 54 and of a very anxious nature.

Again many thanks for replying.

• Posted

I'm not a medical professional but I think there are other things it could be like colitis but I feel your your worry not knowing is the worst but at least the doctor is taking it seriously I wish you the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.