Worried sick

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i got blood test results back from my doctor yesterday, she said my TSH levels were a little high 4.92 normal mU/L should be 0.27-4.20 she just told me to go for another blood test in 6 mths time is this normal, i am worried sick as i dont have  a clue what this means . Help 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I went to my dr last Nov with exhaustion, dizziness and brain fog as main symptoms - my bloods showed TSH at 4.210 and I'd to push to be checked further as I nearly collapsed at work with chest pain. It took 4 months of being checked out with heart check, mri, scan and finally an endocrinologist prescribed 25mcg for first week and from then on 50mcg because by then my TSH was at 6.07.

If you feel your dr isn't serving you right, then perhaps change? It's very hard to find a dr who's well informed on thyroid problems. If you feel the way you do, there is a reason for it. Some ppl will have severe symptoms and hardly any problem with TSH, and vice versa. With thyroid disease the whole person needs to be catered for, not just blood results. In my personal unprofessional opinion 6mths might be like a prison sentence for you. Ask for a full blood work-up including vit d, b12, ferritine levels and TPO, T4 and T3.

• Posted

Hi Mary 

I had a chat with my doctor today too put my mind at ease , i am going to wait the 6 months for the next test. And then i will know whether to worry or not, thank you for your kind advice . there is no point driving myself any more nuts then i have been lol. Wait and see please god it will go back to normal. I hope you are feeling well .

Kind regards

Pixie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.