Worried sick

Posted , 1 user is following.

So a little back story, I was diagnosed with PCOS about 18 years ago.. I just turned 40. I have dealt with cyst since my diagnosis, I go for yearly ultrasounds and it never fails I always have simple cysts on at least one ovary. They always resolve on their own and thats that. Well in June I ended up in the ER with what I thought was just a bad UTI and ended up being a kidney stone. Also on the CT scan they incidentally found a 4cm cyst on my right ovary. They felt my abdomen and because it was non tender and they had a low suspicion of torsion they sent me on my way. I passed the kidney stone the next day, My symptoms inproved shortly after that and I went on my happy way. I called my gynecologist and couldnt get in to see him to follow up for the scan until end of November. I wasnt having any issues or symptoms from the cyst so I was really worried about it. Well unforunately I wasnt able to go to my follow up because I jad to work and couldnt get the day off. So I called and cancelled the appt, the nurse called me back the next day and told me that the dr was upset with me for missing my appointment and he needed to rule out ovarian cancer, but he refused to have me as a patient anymore because I missed the appt. I asked her if he saw something on the scan that made him concerned about ovarian cancer and she said "well no but you need an ultrasound to follow up" . I asked her if he was so concerned then why was he refusing to see me? She said because I refused to follow up with my treatment plan. she said you need to find a new dr and follow up on the cyst. I was super upset and now suddenly I am having all these symptoms and I am freaked out I ignored the cyst thinking it was just one of my normal ones and now I have cancer. My symptoms are very similar to what I experienced back in June so I am also wondering if it is possibly another kidney stone. I cant get in to the new gyno until 1/20, so until then I am left with terrible anxiety and I am absolutely worried sick something is seriously wrong. I should add that my old gyno is a jerk and so I am happy to find a new dr anyway, he wanted me to have an endometrial biopsy once and I said I didnt feel it was necessary and he said well you can have cancer and die and leave your 3 kids without a mom then, so I ended up doing the biopsy which came back clear. I am trying to remind myself that he is just being a jerk and if it was serious he would have probaly seen me, but secretly I am freaking out inside and scared to death something is seriously wrong. I guess I just needed to get this off my shoulders.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.