Worried sick about brain tumor

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a constant headache for 2 weeks. Painkillers are helping a little but not eradicating it. I had an eye test and need glasses. Opticician had no issues with optical nerve. My blood pressure is high and have been prescribed blood pressure tablets. I am waking in the night with terrific pain and having panic attacks. Doctor has booked me in for a ct scan. I am convinced I have a tumor. My dad and grandmother both had brain haemorrhages. There is no let up on these headaches and I can barely function. I am so worried and don't know what to do with myself

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise,

my Dad died of a brain tumour too, but even though I get very bad headaches, my scans dont show any issues with my brain, so it doesnt automatically follow you will get a brain tumour.  Also, if you just had your eyes tested then it would show up when they looked in your eyes as it did with my dad.  So firstly try to calm down, wait for the CT scan results and if necessary get an MRI scan, which is better.  If you had brain haemorages then the dr would have sent you straight to A and E no question.

Do you have any other symptoms you can talk about?

Do keep us updated, Best wishes and take care

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I have no other symptoms Neuro obs were fine. I went to see a chiropractor this afternoon and he was very reassuring.

He did an x-ray and examination and is almost certain that I have a trapped nerve in my neck which is causing the headache. I am going tomorrow to start treatment.

He said is Mum had a brain tumor and explained it is highly unlikely I have one.

I am feeling a lot less anxious at the moment, tge anxiety seems to hit me in the mornings but I do feel more reassured

• Posted

Thats all good news Louise.  Good luck with next batch of treatment and let us know how you get on.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.