Worried something is wrong

Posted , 4 users are following.

As mentioned in previous posts I have anxiety although I don't believe this is the cause for all of this suffering. Anyway last year I seen a Cardiologist and had various tests such as bp monitor for 48 hours, event recorder for a week, urine samples over 3 days, echo end of 2012, numerous ecgs including 2 this year aswell as a chest x ray and all came back normal although the event recorder did show some of the symptoms I have complained about ie head rush, feeling faint and heart palpitations. Anyway lately my heart has been feeling weird like flutters, skipped beats especially brought on by bending down that sort of thing aswell as being aware of my heart beating like feeling fast and makes me feel nauseous but I have felt all of these symptoms last year on and off but for some reason I am worried about it again I think because I never feel well. I always feel faint and dizzy but again CT scan back end of 2013 was normal and no reasons for dizziness according to ENT and neurology. Its always suggested as anxiety. Why do I continue to feel ill even though in my head I want to be better its like no amount of positive thinking takes away the symptoms which makes me worried its something physical thats not been found. I have also had full blood counts done and other than my cholesterol being slightly over at 5.9 they were normal. What is wrong with me? Why does my heart feel funny and flutter/skips sometimes say if I'm standing up its only ever 1 at a time. I had a dream last night I fainted to so its making me scared its trying to tell me something. Anyone else been through this? Im 26 and all this started from the birth of my first and only child. Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm exactly the same. Palpitations, missing beats, light headedness.

If I can get the courage to do it then I try to test it. It's horrible to do but if for example you feel faint or you need to sit down then do ten star jumps, in my head two things will happen: 1- you'll prove to your brain that there is nothing to panic about and bit by bit it will lesson the symptoms ( this does take time ) or 2 - you'll have some kind of heart/brain/whatever you think is the worst case scenario is and then you'll eventually get the help you want. And do you know why it'll always be option 1? Because if your heart wasn't working properly, you wouldn't be able to panic, you heart wouldn't work properly, you'd collapse turn blue and you would have the energy to worry. That's what my psychologist told me and when I panic I remember that.

Is my heart racing am I panicking, am I desperately wanting to go get help? Someone really ill doesn't do that!

Hope I've helped and not scared you more? X

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. No you have not scared me more it does make sense what your saying. To be fair (touch wood) everytime I have felt terrible and faint etc when I have done something active ie just being up and about or going out and nothings ever happened to match the thoughts I think at that time. Its just a shame we have to keep feeling this way and have no relief x
  • Posted

It happened to everyone, hearts skip beats have dizzy spells etc. It's just you've focuses on it. Even if you don't feel anxiety presently doesn't mean your body isn't anxious. Your subconscious works in the background of your mind and if you're worrying about thing then anxiety symptoms will happen. It's a reaction the the stress. Have you tried cbt meditation exercise sorting your diet drinking more water and staying away from electronics such as tv laptops phones and computers. Cause doing too much or too little of any of those things can make you dizzy.

Try speak to your GP about seeing a therapist. It will really help tou to accept all these things are normal bodily functions.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I do feel since this started and resulted in me being taken to hospital in an ambulance in Jan 2014 that I do notice every change I go through and the hospital doctor at the time did say once people start experiencing heart problems they tend to then notice every little thing then and its true I do notice everything my heart does. CBT didn't help but simply because 6 sessions was never enough. I have not tried anything else although I did try exercise briefly but I would feel that scared of passing out because of how I felt ie dizzy, nauseous and even out of breath(unfit though). I guess I need to try something but I will look in to therapy again x
    • Posted

Yeah do more therapy. It does work, I'm doing it right now, I've done about 8 sessions, and I'm finally accepting non of this is a cardiac problem, yes your heart beats fast and you skip a few beats every now and then but it's not killing you mate. You're not ill, cardiac problems show up a MILEEEE off on ECGs or when they listen to your heart. So pal don't obsess over it, (I know easier said then done) I can bet you too, that sometimes when you think you're missing beats you won't be, I was obsessing over mine too and my pectoral muscle started twitching cause I was so over focused on it. So yeah. Speak to your GP!
  • Posted

I've had those complaints too, did have them for two years until last year. I wasn't worried about a heart attack or anything, but it felt very uncomfortable, especially when I was driving in my car, I had to stop on the emergency lane a couple of times because of it. With the heart symptoms also came a panicky feeling, and a sense of loss of control. Quite scary. But I always felt the panick was a result of my sensations, not the other way around.

What helped me a great deal were the breathing exercixes I've mentioned in a few otehr posts, but also changing my diet. I had a test done for 180 different types of food and it showed several allergies. I started to leave out gluten, eggs and dairy, since they were the culprits, and this made a big difference. I tried several times to reintroduce those components to my diet but every time, within half an hour to several hours after consumption, I started to feel bad; tired, brainfoggy, palpitations, head rush etc. Even yesterday I treid some yoghurt, hoping I grew over it the last couple of months, but within half and hour my heart symtomps returned. I was kind of glad to notice that leaving out dairy apparently makes sense, since it can be quite a nuisance not being able to eat it.

It's a kind of delayed allergy (type 3 opposed to type 1, the 'regular' food allergy, with an instant reaction). I never made the connection between the food and my symptoms because of the delay.

You might want to look into this, there are many causes for palpitations, a fluttering hear and head rush, but it might be sensible to at least exclude this as a possible cause, or get it confirmed, which I hope for you, since it can be solved without further need for doctors and hospitals.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. Could I ask how you went about getting that test done for all those foods? Would I need to ask my GP or is it a test I buy privately or is it a blood test? I do eat a lot of dairy products so it is making me wonder x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.