worried that my girlfriend is pregnant, took plan B a month ago and no period yet

Posted , 3 users are following.

So today is January 10th, my girlfriend took plan B on December 6th i’m pretty sure because i was afraid i didn’t pull out all the way in time and i might have accidentally came inside her a little bit, i wasn’t sure so just to be safe she took plan B. her regular period i think happened right before we had sex, then we took plan B, around a week later she got her period again (i’m assuming from Plan B) that was around (December 11-14th) we have had intercourse multiple times since then and i have pulled out every single time, i know i did. their was one scenario where she gave me head, and i finished, then we f****d again like 5-10 minutes without a condom on. that was about a week and a half ago. that is the only time i would assume that she could most likely get pregnant from every other time we have had sex since Plan B. now it’s January 10th and she has been having period symptoms for about a week to week and a half, she hasn’t gotten her period, we took a pregannacy test and she came out negative, however she drinks ALOTTTT of water, and i heard that drinking lots of water can affect the outcomes of pregnancy tests because it dilutes your pee of HCG (the hormone your body produces when ur pregnant) so  i’m confused here, should she be getting her period soon? do u think her period will be extremely late? do u think that we had a false pregnancy test because her pee looked like water, it was pretty much clearish yellow. i don’t know, i need some help here. i don’t know what to think. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

James,

The amount of water she drinks would have to be an exorbitant amount to throw off the test. I wouldn’t focus on that. However, taking Plan B can really throw off your menstrual cycle! It is very common for the next period or two to be irregular. I wouldn’t fret. Also, stress can be a large contributor to irregular periods. So, on top of taking the Plan B and then worrying about pregnancy on top of that could be the culprit. 

• Posted

Firstly pulling out is not going to stop your girlfriend getting pregnant.  Also you cannot rely on plan B as contraception.

My advice would be to ALWAYS use a condom from start to finish and on every occasion.  Taking such chances could be the very thing that changes both of your lives in the future.  You don't sound very old and a baby at a young age can be a very scary thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.