Worriedb

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for a year I been having problems while going to the restroom.I have mucus around my stools most of the time.. Maybe 1 day or 2 out of a week I have a regular bowel movement..I was pregnant and my GI didn't do much about it he said it was just constipation.. I would go constantly to the restroom though up to 3 times a day..Well now 2 weeks after having my baby I started having rectal bleeding..I do see a small hemmoroid on the outside but it doesn't look like it's bleeding.. The blood was bright red but now its a little darker red.. I don't necessarily need to take a bowel movement to bleed..I keep bleeding all day..My stools are small and have mucus around but they have been like that for a while also there are days where I have lots of gas specially before a bowel movement .Can the bleeding be due to the hemmoroid or something more serious? I never had rectal bleeding before until now..The GI won't see me until NOV 15 and that seems like an eternity..I'm scared of the word Cancer especially having  a newborn and 2 other children.. That's all that pops up on internet due to my symptoms..  I just wish I could get all this over with so I could have peace of mind.. I'm terrified it's something serious.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First rule out internal hemmoroids. Take 2 fiber pills 3x day to get stool soft. Perhaps the bleeding would subside if u could go easier. I would find another doctor who can take u sooner. He will poke around inside and tell u of u have hemmoroids. Takes 10 seconds. Don't get crazy about the C word. Probably hems. Good to check though. 

• Posted

I have the same problem. Chronically constipated. Nothing seems to help. Lots of fiber and 8-9 glasses of water don't even help. I even saw a video where there is a lady that says doing a colonic massage will stimulate your bowels. You lie on you back either on a. Couch or bed with your head propped up on a pillow, or sofa cushion. Then you bend your knees, she said not to make your legs straight. Then you take your hands, either the palms or finger tips or fists and gently start on your lower right, part of your abdomen, near your groin. Run gently in circular motions, you can put one hand over the other. Clockwise motions. Keep going on the direction of your colon up just below your right ribcage and across your abdomen then go down in circular motions to the lower left part of the abdomen where your colon ends. Do this a few times. Well, I tried last night, I did feel whatever was backed up, start to move like the lady said and I felt an urge, went to toilet, strained and nothing. So tired of living like this. I think all I did doing that was make myself nauseous. Now, my stomach hurts today and no appetite. I am two years overdue for my 2nd colonoscopy, but am so overwhelmed with Medical bills getting ready to go into collections. I am on SSDI, don't have the best insurance. Tired of having to take Senna once a week just to flush. If I do go, it's a marble, flake or if I'm lucky 3 pellets. I wish I could just have a normal BM..or something that would work for me. I know I probably have colon cancer. I don't want hemorrhoid surgery because it's rubber band litigation, and I have heard it's very painful. Going to try Citrucul and pray.

• Posted

I have the same and I’m 15 (boy) not bleeding all the time though just the odd tiny bit like once every 2-3 weeks. Try and see a doctor that can see you much faster. You said you’ve had it for a year have the symptoms got much worse? I’ve had mucus for the past 4 months and I’ve only had 1 blood test done and now getting 2 stool samples done. Just stay strong for your children I know I’m only 15 and I’m sh*t scared of that word. Are you in a lot of pain and have you been throwing up? Let us know! Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.