Worries

Posted , 3 users are following.

so for a few months i have had a pain , in the left side of stomach and the last few weeks some change im bowel movements and a lot of mucus now and again ,i also have a lot of bright red blood in stools but i have suffered with haemorrhoids for years so not to worriwd about that , i went to the doctera for 2 stool samples over 6 weeks which the docter said both had abnormalaties in them so now wants a fob stool test and lft blood tests but hasnt really explained what it could be and i am now going out my mind worrying it could be cancer anyone any advise ? oh and i am 36 years of age .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

ring your doctor and ask for an urgent appointment to see a doctor you trust. you need to do this so you can put your mind ease at least. how old are you? doctors often paint the worse picture! the waiting is the worst bit.

• Posted

thanks for the reply i have been to the docters and done 2 stool tests and now they have sent me for blood and another stool test but cant have them till next week and all they said is we will no more when we get the results but all i am doing is googling and coning up with is cancer , i am 36

• Edited

hi lee, the problem with anything like this is if you Google this you'll come up with the worst things possible! Don't look on there. i do know how you feel, i keep getting recurrent infections in my kidneys and my doctors have frightened me because they think their function could be compromised! i watched my dad ripped away from us age 66, 8 years ago and it's made me convinced i will die of kidney cancer. if you support me i will support you, you let me know what your tests say. try to take care

• Posted

i know i will try not to just wish the dic had give me a nit more information about what it could be , be a couple of weeks till results but i will post them when i get them . thank you

• Posted

Sounds like your doctor is testing you for a possible stomach ulcer or maybe some malfunction of your liver. Dont immediately start thinking cancer. Do you drink a lot of alcohol or eat a lot of high fat foods? If the answer is yes to either of these then do try to cut down.

• Posted

the doc said i have some inflamation thats all she said , i drink on a saturday but not during the week and have a ok diet not to healthy but not bad

• Posted

Inflammation is a word used to cover lots of things and until your doctor can be more specific thats the term that is used.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.