Worries about symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

So for well over a year now I've been experiencing weird stools. Sometimes there's a darkness to it, not black (no blood). Even more recently (previous 6months) I've felt stomach pain mostly on the sides but kinda all over the abdomen. Now I can't really eat much at all, and can't really ear without pain later on. I've since seen a GI and he did blood panels, wrote it off as IBS. The medication he has me take somewhat helps, but I don't feel like I've made much progress with the probiotics I've also been taking. Is this common for IBS and or colon cancer

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Steven it sounds promising your blood work is fine and my doctor told me probiotics take about a month to really work if you have no blood and aren't losing weight or alternating bowel habits it sounds good as Susan says we aren't medical professionals but try to encourage positive outcomes hope you get answers soon have you been tested for celeiacs spelled wrong or gut bacteria just a suggestion

• Posted

Well I do have somewhat abnormal bowel habits. But I'm told it's nothing to worry about. And no I haven't been tested for either, it could be celiac. Messed with my diet more and noticed i had certain triggers .I'm optimistic though, did research on things to avoid with IBS, barring caffiene the pains seem to be much less and less often then before. I'm likely to still get more work done to be safe. I appreciate the reassurance very much though, it puts the mind at ease smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.