Worrued

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I have just returned from seeing a doctor and they have adviced me to have a haemorrhoidectomy i wont lie i am petrified reading all about it and he has given me 3 weeks to think about it and let him know. I dont suffer any pain with mine its just bleeding to the point that i am now anemic and having to have iron tablets. Any advice would be greatly received

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The pain is beyond comprehension...at least mine was. It's a rough 2-3 weeks of pure agony. Weighing out that is bleeding all the time though may be your best option. I would probably never do it again... There were days I wanted to die because of the pain... The realityid though that your quality of life is already being affected. A few weeks of terrible pain or a bleeding issue? It's a hard road to face...

• Posted

No don’t do it !! Especially if there is no pain. U can live with it. Surgery is a nightmare. I am over 5 weeks and still a lot of pain with bm. But first 2weeks thought was ganna die
  • Posted

I would have the operation I’ve had two I lost so much blood before my ops over the years before I needed blood transfusion yes it’s not a nice operation but it’s nit as bad as it’s made out to be if the time come again and I’d need it I wouldn’t hesitate in having it again x x 
  • Posted

I lost 4 pints of blood there surprised I made it to the hospital by foot x but only you can make that choice 
  • Posted

I had four internal and two external removed in October last year and the pain was not bad for me. The first BM was painful as you do not know what to expect but I took baths after each which helped. The medication that I was given lactulose and fybogel for BM. For the pain I was given paracetamol and dihydrocodeine but only took the paracetamol as I did not have much pain. Just remember everyone is different. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.