Worry about living down south with fibromyalgia.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m moving from Ne. to Missippi way down by the ocean.Im a recent widow and I want to live by my grandchildren.Im so worried that the heat and humidity will make my fibromyalgia so much worse.I take tramodol and a one ml. Ativan daily.I can’t take any form of anti-depressant.Yesterday I walked my dog, short walk, then pulled weeds in flower garden and I hurt so bad from it and I’m still in Ne.Do any of you live way down south and deal with fibromyalgia?Im really concerned about this.Its too late to back out. My house here is sold and I purchased a small home down there.Thanks for any help.Linda

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I live in Alabama, but not close to the beach. I’ll be honest I have some really tough days but they are normally when the Weather is stormy. The heat and humidity doesn’t seem to make the flares worse.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the info. I was really concerned about the heat and humidity. I will be moving there in July and the temp and humidity will be a huge change.
  • Posted

I live near Atlanta, GA (in a suburb) Like the previous poster, I have good days & bad days, but I haven't noticed a connection with the weather. But then, I have always lived in the South, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm here because my elderly Mother is here and I need to keep tabs on her care.  Otherwise, I would look to move to a place with less humidity, just because I've heard it's easier on the joints (arthritis).  If worse comes to worse, you can rely on staying in most of the time with A/C and dehumidifier.

• Posted

Have fun with your Grandchildren on your Grand new adventure.

​Humidity and cold damp do affect me badly nowdays, but there are air conditioners/de humidifiers and other new age gadgets which make life more comfortable.

Have fun

• Posted

I find the warmer weather helps me it's the cold that makes me worse x

• Posted

That’s good to know. Thank you so much. Who knows maybe it won’t hurt me as bad down south as it does here in Nebraska.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.