worrying about future

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 22 years old. i have tinnitus since six months. sometimes also i faced vertigo. whenever vertigo happens, my right ear tinnitus gets worse and it last around five to ten minutes and later i feel so week and increse tension. I am from India and will go to canada this december for higher education. I am feel very nervous and sometimes thinks about future life in canada as alone there. please help me what should i do?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello. Just read your message and so sad you have this experience so young. Best thing you can do is get an appointment with an ENT consultant. Ear Nose and Throat.These days medication can be a great help but get your diagnosis as quickly as possible. Good luck with your studies and I do wish you well health wise.
    • Posted

Happy you have appointment Wednesday. Good luck and let us know how you get on. This Forum can be very comforting when you are worried.
    • Posted

Is it here any facility to upload my all hearing test and blood test?
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm so sorry to read that you're facing Meniere's Disease at such a young age.  The very best thing you can do is to see an ENT and get a definite diagnosis so that you can begin treatment.  They will probably do an MRI to rule out any other possible causes for your vertigo and tinnitus.  In the meantime, it might help to reduce your sodium intake (doesn't help everyone, but some seem to benefit) and eliminate caffeine and alcohol (both seem to make tinnitus worse).  

I wish you the very best of luck!  Please keep us updated on your condition!

Take good care,

J-

• Posted

Thank you JMJ for your response. When first time i consultanted my ENT surgeon about two months back. He told me to do Electrocochleography (ECoG) test and result showed that i don't have Meniere disease. But i felt inside that i have. Is that test really determine Meniere disease?

• Posted

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the ECoG.  I don't think that's used here in the U.S.  There might be someone else on the forum who is familiar with it, however.  Over here, it's more of a process of ruling everything else out.  I honestly didn't think there was any test available at this point, that's definitive for Meniere's Disease.

I hope there's someone else here on the forum who might be able to answer your question.

Take good care.  I'm anxious to hear how your appointment goes!

J-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.