worrying about temple pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

for the past three days i had this weird temple pain that comes and goes. the first day, it started in the afternoon and it’s mostly in my left temple (but a tiny bit in my right) there is a tiny spot where it hurts (not badly) and nearby forehead area feels achy. it lasted throughout the day and went away the next day. then yesterday night it came back intermittently, and when i woke up it was intermittent and is still there. i’ve always been prone to headaches, but i never got headaches near my temples, and i’m very worried 😦

on a scale from 1 to 10, the pain is like a 1 or 2, but i've always been worried about brain tumors, and this has gotten me very worried, and nervous.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i get that same temple pain on and off for many years. it’s very common with stress and anxiety which I also get. sometime my pain can pulse a little bit but not always. Also when I press on the area it can feel sore sometimes. I’m not worried at all about it. People get all kinds of little pains here and there the vast majority are not serious at all. Sometimes when the blood vessels dilate such as with migraine , the tiny little vessels can also dilate causing that sensation. that does not really sound like a brain tumor symptom at all. of course everybody should have a complete physical check up at least once a year. does it help if you take something like Tylenol? If you’re really concerned about it you can talk to your doctor about it. but I think you’re gonna be fine!

• Posted

Hi thank you for your response! Was your pain in the temples off and on? Mine hurts for a few seconds, then goes away, and comes back. It's been like that for the past 3 days ever since I got my braces tightened.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.