Worrying myself sick

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all

I'm having a weird sensation with my thumbs on both hands, if I press tips in they stey depressed for a good few seconds before coming back to normal.

I Suffer terribly with anxiety and PTSD and panic Disorder and am worried that it's pitting oedema perhaps relating to some undiagnosed heart condition. But realisticly could it be dehydration as I certainly haven't been drinking enough and unlike oedema my feet legs hands and arms are normal and not swollen alps my fingers and thumbs aren't swollen.

Heart wise I had these following checks due too q waves in 2, 3 and avf which were deemed a normal varient for me by a consultant cardiologist.

2010 - coronary calcium score zero performed. Using dye and an mri

2011 - 2017 multiple ECGS all normal aside from 2 3 and avf q waves

February 2017 - 24 hour holster monitor, completely normal no Ectopic no aryhtmia no issues at all

July 2017 - Echocardiogram of heart to check no previous MI. All walls and Chambers of heart normal as well as normal function of valves

2018 summer - ecg, normal

Cholesterol tested in summer 2018 also normal

Blood sugar normal, all other related blood tests normal

What could be causing this deformation of my thumb when I press it and is it something I should be worried about (heart) or is it more likely related to my reduced fluid intake / dehydration?

I'm a 36 year old male, British, no history of heart disease in family or strokes, breathing is normal for me, pulse normal and temperature normal also my blood pressure is normal.

My only health issue is my mental health and I am obese at 6ft 2 and 148kg.

I have had some chest discomfort recently too but nothing major and only. Lasts less than 5 mins and though I do get somewhat breathless it passes and I have had this now for nearly 2 weeks but I do also have a viral infection at the moment (common cold) I am scared panicking about my heart and that these weird things with my thumbs indicating that.

All my BP and oxygen sats are normal anFile size is too bigd my heart sounds and feels normal

Please help reassure me!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.