Worrying myself sick... Any advice or thoughts???

Posted , 1 user is following.

On Sept 8th (last week), I saw blood at the end of urinating. My wife and I were worried so I went to see our Dr the next day and he tested my urine for infections and the tests came back negative. Knowing that a UTI would be the lesser of the other issues, I was hoping that I had a UTI.

I go in tomorrow for a CT scan (no contrast) in hopes that I might have a kidney stone. I really do not have any other symptoms except a slight & occasional mid back pain. The pain has been mild for a month or two and I had thought that I was driving to long or had hurt my back lifting something. No fever, no issue peeing, no burning feeling when peeing.

I haven't seen any blood in my urine the last two days.

I think if I had more pain of more symptoms it might be easier for us to know what is going on. Everyone that I know that has had kidney stones share a common experience of tremendous pain which I have not had.

Has anyone like me experienced mild symptoms that has experienced gross hematuria? Any thoughts or words of advice would be very appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.