Worrying symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Looking for advice - back in February, I woke one morning with a severe headache and numb arms (completely out of the blue). Cut a long story short, following an MRI scan, I was diagnosed with hemiplegic migraine. Since then, I have felt worse daily. I am so weak, I struggle to stand, I have constant pins and needles all over, I have ripples under my skin and I shake constantly. I googled these symptoms (worst thing I could have done!) and was greeted with MND and MS!! I am now totally freaking out! Can you tell me if my symptoms sound like anxiety?? Many thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Please try not to worry too much - makes things so much worse. I woke last Sunday with a severe headache and numb lips and tongue - headaches and aura all day and into Tuesday. Tuesday eve my vision went and i couldn't move my arms - awful feeling - ended up in A&E where told prob migraine related and waiting on CT scan Anyway I am also vit b12 deficient and the pins and needles you describe are a classic symptom - ask for a blood test? Hope you get good results

• Posted

sounds like anxoety yes but again maybr go back. i know someone recently actually that had a headache, she couldnt speak and even had memory loss. she was told it was a migraine. took her days to recover. there was also ankther story ibread about a women who had constsnt migraines. there is something ive read recently anf read a couple stories on about a certain type of migraine that cause very scary symptoms. i csnt remmeber the name which is really frustrating. however there was a story on a news presenter not long a go where she was live on tv and all of a sudden went numb and couldnt speak. again it was a migraine type attack.

maybe not much help but maybe try searching more into migraines

• Posted

I think I am just getting myself worked up and of course, this will exacerbate all of these symptoms. Got a lumbar puncture in 10 weeks so probably just need to chill out until then!!!
  • Posted

Sweetheart, they ALL sound like anxiety!! As to the migraines, please have a dentist check you for TMJ. If your jaw is even a little out of alignment it will cause migraines!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.