Worse after PRP lumbar spine

Posted , 4 users are following.

My name is Meredith. I just had PRP in my lumbar spine in 2-8-17, 2 weeks ago, and I feel worse than prior to the procedure. I had 2 discs injected with PRP (L5-S1) . My back history is DDD , 2 bulging discs, 1 herniated, sciatica, facet joint hypertrophy, annular tears in L5-S1 with fluid loss, arthritis lumbar spine. I was told the procedure wouldn't be painful, or as painful as a discogram, and it was.... maybe worse. Then ridiculous pain afterward for 2 days. I had to use a cane for those 2 days, but then that went away. I was also told I would feel better and not have to use pain medication after a week and could go back to work on light duty. We don't have light duty at work so I've been off work now for 2 weeks because I'm afraid of possibly hurting my back at work and because I'm not allowed to take pain medicine while working .

Has anyone had here had lumbar spine PRP? I'm trying to figure out if this pain is normal or if something else is wrong .

At 2 weeks: When walking/standing more than 20 minutes ALL of my toes in my left side go numb and feels like i have frostbite . Then my lower back feels like it's crushing down on top of itself. It takes 30 minutes to hours with pain medication to recover from that small amount of walking.

Just yesterday I woke from sleep crying in pain. Am I hoping for too much too soon or is something else wrong ?

Anyone, please help.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry your in pain. I had lumber puncture back in October 16. I couldn't walk for around 3 weeks. My neck was killing me and also had mega headache which is why I had lumber puncture in first place. I'm ok now. If u don't start feeling well soon go back and see your doctor. But hopefully u b ok soon. It is worrying but try not to. Take care

• Posted

Lumbar puncture is usually to collect spinal fluid tomdetext spinal fluid abnormalities.

i had one it is vey painful but never suffer headaches. It seems many docs are not always trained or had enough experience to do the proceedure. It's imperative to look for the best doc at university hospitals . They have more trained experienced docs and a higher reputation to is important to consider. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.