Worse at at year off zopiclone than was at 6 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was forced to go cold turkey off zopiclone year ago by new doctor after 12 years on it. Looking back over calendar I could do more the first 6 months than I can do now. Remember at 6 months things seemed get worse and developed new symptoms. Tried everything counselling therapies cbt nothing helps. Has anyone else experienced this have been told by a help line year off is still early days. Cant recall anything triggering it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Isnt Zopiclone a sleep med? Non benzodiazapene?

• Posted

It;s a z drug which this forum is for as well as benzos

• Posted

Thanks. I just didnt know zopiclone was that addictive and could cause so many problems. Very sorry to hear youre still not doing well.

• Posted

Thanks yes highly addictive , just as bad as benzos, it's particularly bad as go short half life, it's now classed as a controlled drug. Can take up to 2 years to recover from withdrawal.

• Posted

Oh no! How did we and OUR DOCTORS get ourselves in these messes?

• Posted

I was told it was non addictive. They get you on these drugs then given no help to come off them seem unwilling to acknowledge withdrawal can go on for months

• Posted

These doctors could care less. They made their money from all our office visits all these years. Its much easier and more profitable to whip out the prescription pad then to guide someone through a benzo withdrawal.

• Posted

They have toughened up on it here won'T prescribe it long term because of it's so addictive bit late for me now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.