Worse at night

Posted , 5 users are following.

During the day, I'm usually okay.... Now, see, I love nighttime. I'm a night person... BUT, I noticed my anxiety and compulsive thoughts get worse at night, when I'm trying to sleep. It keeps me up later than I would like. Why is this? I don't associate nighttime with anything bad... As I said before, I love nighttime. So why do I feel worse at night?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

its because things are quieter and your brain is not whizzing around at ten miles an hour in the day have you tried music or reading just to take the focus off the negative thoughts also chamomile tea helps before bed and lavender hope this helpsĀ 
  • Posted

I've noticed that a lot of us (anxiety sufferers) have a "bad" time of the day. For a lot of people it's in the early morning when they first get up, and for some people (like you and me) it's at night before bed. In fact, one of the worst parts about anxiety disorder is that it can keep people awake and cause insomnia, which is just awful. I've had trouble sleeping because of anxiety and my GP suggested I take Melatonin, which has helped me. It's a natural sleep aid. But I've also found other solutions, such as taking long walks before bed, meditating at night, and drinking warm herbal tea just before bed. I hope that you find some of these suggestions helpful. It really stinks not to be able to get a full night's sleep. So feel better and rest up! smile 

Peace xxx 

• Posted

Manic

Generally some Depressive get it in the morning as they look forward to a new day.

I suffer it in the vening before sleep, I feel this is caused by mulling over the days activities, hence it seems to help me sleep at night if I take my AD medication half an hour before bed

BOB

• Posted

I use to be that way. I am not a doctor so I can't diagnose you. I would say try reading or listening to music until you fall asleep. Masage your head or use vapor rub. If you like being cold and cozy like me. Make sure it's cool. Do you watch TV at night? I sleep with the tv on, so I turn it all the way down. That's not good for most, so try turning it off. Try to go to bed early if you can. Clearly, your brain is telling you that your tired. You might be dreaming while your sitting up. Racing thoughts always come at night. You can also try some sort of exercise or play a game until you just pass out. I would know, I use to have racing thoughts and nightmares all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.