Worsening breathing problems due to B12 deficiency?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys, I've been having a number of symptoms for the past 4-6 months which have increasingly become worse.

Most notably, I've had gastritis-like symptoms, including bloating, wind, stomach discomfort and reflux, which often comes with a sort of 'lump in the throat'/tightness in my throat that comes and goes. It can be helped a little bit by esomeprazole or ranitidine, and I'll often take wind-eze for the bloating.

The worse symptom for me though, is the shortness of breath. My private physician believed this was caused by the reflux but I'm still experiencing it without reflux symptoms and it's also become slightly worse since I last spoke with him. We've looked at a number of causes, I'm had a whole host of blood tests, chest x-ray, spirometry, heart echo and CT scan of neck, chest and abdominal. Only thing of note was some small abnormalities on my liver which the doctor performing was not concerned about. Said it's likely just cysts.

I've taken it upon myself to undergo a - mostly - gluten-free diet, I'm drinking lacto-free milk, mostly avoiding alcohol (and drinking gluten-free beer on the rare occasions I have a few).

The same GP I'm seeing has diagnosed me with general autoimmune disorder. I originally had a single B12 injection, because my levels were just inside of a normal range and took vitD and folic acid for 4 weeks. Initially, I felt better for a few days but then it's almost like I crashed 3-4 days later. Breathing became worse, along with other symptoms.

At this point, I'm not sure what the next step will be. My GP diagnosed me with a general autoimmune disorder, as I don't exactly 'fit' any specific one (I believe) but my symptoms have become pretty debilitating. The breathing is the worst issue right now, but I've also experienced fuzzy/foggy head, blurry vision and sensitive ears. Gastro issues, weight loss that I've not really tried a lot towards, amongst other, smaller issues.

Any of you guys experience similar symptoms/experiences?

CheersHi guys, I've been having a number of symptoms for the past 4-6 months which have increasingly become worse.

Most notably, I've had gastritis-like symptoms, including bloating, wind, stomach discomfort and reflux, which often comes with a sort of 'lump in the throat'/tightness in my throat that comes and goes. It can be helped a little bit by esomeprazole or ranitidine, and I'll often take wind-eze for the bloating.

The worse symptom for me though, is the shortness of breath. My private physician believed this was caused by the reflux but I'm still experiencing it without reflux symptoms and it's also become slightly worse since I last spoke with him. We've looked at a number of causes, I'm had a whole host of blood tests, chest x-ray, spirometry, heart echo and CT scan of neck, chest and abdominal. Only thing of note was some small abnormalities on my liver which the doctor performing was not concerned about. Said it's likely just cysts.

I've taken it upon myself to undergo a - mostly - gluten-free diet, I'm drinking lacto-free milk, mostly avoiding alcohol (and drinking gluten-free beer on the rare occasions I have a few).

The same GP I'm seeing has diagnosed me with general autoimmune disorder. I originally had a single B12 injection, because my levels were just inside of a normal range and took vitD and folic acid for 4 weeks. Initially, I felt better for a few days but then it's almost like I crashed 3-4 days later. Breathing became worse, along with other symptoms.

At this point, I'm not sure what the next step will be. My GP diagnosed me with a general autoimmune disorder, as I don't exactly 'fit' any specific one (I believe) but my symptoms have become pretty debilitating. The breathing is the worst issue right now, but I've also experienced fuzzy/foggy head, blurry vision and sensitive ears. Gastro issues, weight loss that I've not really tried a lot towards, amongst other, smaller issues.

Any of you guys experience similar symptoms/experiences?

Cheers

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.