Worsening Fibromyalgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I am new to this site and I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing what I am.   I have noticed that for about the last year or so my Fibromyalgia has been getting worse. I am 61 years old and have lived with this for sixteen years.  I have tried losing weight. Have lost about ten pounds. Eating less junk.   Tried walking regularly on my treadmill, but that stirs up nasty pain in my left knee and leg muscles. I am wondering if the pain from Fibromyalgia mixed with Arthritis continues to grow worse with age. Thanks for any help with understanding this.  God bless.  Terrie

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terrie. I personally have found that a treadmill made me have much more pain. I would also feel exhaustion afterwards. I found that walking outside was much better for me and I have done so for ove 30 years. There is something just unnatural for me regarding the treadmill. I ended up selling it online.  I will email you something that has helped me amazingly with the arthritic and muscular pain. Don't give up! Maggie 

• Posted

For me any exercise makes my pain  a million times worse! I avoid it at all costs! I was also told for years if i lost weight then my pain would be less...so and this wasn't just for the fibro it was for me, i went and lost over 6 stone in just under 1 year, reached my target weight. The pain.....got WORSE! Then i went to the pain clinic and when i told my Consultant the amount of weight i'd lost he said to me " a true fibro diagnosis will NOT get better with weight loss" As for what helps with the pain.....nothing :o i've tried over 25 different types of medication in 7 years, i now take morphine twice a day but even that doesn't keep me pain free. It just manages the pain and that's really all anyone can do.

• Posted

Hi Terrie,

Unfortunately mine has become worse as I get older. You can read my story on a response to Clohe. I know I'm probably spelling her name wrong. (Sorry)

I believe you answered her as well. If not let me know and I will direct you. It is a LONG lol story.

I have R.A. along with Fibromyalgia. I hope you can read it. Take care, hugs

• Posted

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the input. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.